SooSooToys NightWing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Will definitely be getting this, waited so long for a Nightwing.

Great looking preview. I’m curious about their Robin too. I picked up Toys Era version but I have a feeling Soosoo’s will be a step above. I’m glad these companies are filling in the gaps. The DC collection grows.

9C3FFC96-234F-46A3-B373-6D4B24DCFD36.jpeg

I don’t watch the show, but I was a fan of the Teen Titans comic back in the 80s when he first became Nightwing, so if the head sculpt looks cool, I’ll definitely be getting this.

Someone on instagram asked about Robin, and Soosoo said "PO together". Not really sure what that means, but either way I passed on the toys era version.

How is it possible to not like any of the robins

Easy! I was the same way, liked Robin until I became an adult, then Robin's existence as a character seemed silly to me.

But - I've done a 180 in recent years since DC has done well with evolving their Robins.

Grayson became Nightwing (A+)
Jason Todd died, became Red Hood and that accompanying story (A+)
Tim Drake became Red Robin(?) meh (C+)
Damien Wayne and that accompanying story (A+)

Damien is the first Robin I've really liked but I'm a big fan of Nightwing and Red Hood.

'Cause the Dark Knight should have always been alone! How can you inflict fear in criminal with a brat in green underwear and a yellow cape near you!

How much fear can a guy in a grey suit with black or blue underwear over his suit inflict? the fear of batman doesn't come from his suit it's his brutal reputation he got from messing up criminals, the suit just lets you know it's batman but its all the stories about how he completely destroys criminals that cause the fear.

The same principal applies to robin, if you are looking at a kid jump around in a red and green suit chances are batman is behind you, that's why robins suits are so colourful is because he's a distraction, that's also why when a Robin like Grayson goes out on his own he uses a much darker suit.

If the dark knight was always alone... there would be no dark knight today. Robin was introduced very early to humanize batman and give him dialogue. the success of the early batman comics come down to the introduction of Robin.

This is where the original sin was! "Humanize Batman"! He doesn’t need that, on the contrary. Anyway, never been a fan of pedobat. :)

I both agree and disagree. From a Batman perspective I agree i do prefer a brutal badass loner batman but i am aware that without the addition of Robin to the original Batman comics Batman wouldn't be the success it is today.

From a DC character perspective i disagree because i find the characters of Red Hood and Nightwing more interesting and compelling than Batman and without Robins we wouldn't have those characters.

Probably an unpopular opinion but i would like to see the robin and batman dynamic done right in live action.

My biggest problem with all the live action batman films is that they spend too much time with bruce rather than batman and a love interest to give bruce some dialogue, someone to talk to other than alfred.

however if they add a robin or have a batman nightwing team up movie they can spend more time with batman and still have the same amount of impactful dialogue.

I am curious how the upcoming batman film will actually go about giving batman/bruce lines.

I think the Robin dynamics work great and add some more layers to Bruce's personality and more depth to the Bat Mythos in general.

If you remove all the humanising characteristics of Batman/Bruce, as some fans argue for, he becomes a meme rather than a character - some grimdark spectacle of toxic masculinity, with a marty-stu complex and no relatable characteristics beyond being a self-insert power fantasy.
This has happened a couple of times in the past and has always been unsuccessful and unsatisfying to the majority of fans.
As a prominent figure of modern mythology, I feel that stripping Batman from his more human qualities, including his relationships with his Robins, would be a disservice.

Think of it this way - a Knight needs a squire.
The squire isn't just an aide who helps the Knight perform their duties, they are also a protege, a symbol of that Knight's standing and experience, the one who will carry that Knight's legacy onward and in time become a Knight themselves.
This is dynamic that has existed for centuries re-invented for the superhero genre.
Indeed of all superheroes, Bruce/Batman both as 'The Dark Knight' and the only "mortal" among the god-like figures of the Justice League, is the single most appropriate choice of hero to have his own squire/side-kick or Robin.

Back