ThreeZero - 1/6 Game of Thrones - Arya Stark (S8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky Underbelly

Hoarding Since '70
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking good so far!

Season 8 Arya prototype

View attachment 496683

Blown up a bit ...

120467371_3141950209244841_5520116253146772033_o.jpg

Attachments

• 120467371_3141950209244841_5520116253146772033_o.jpg
    120467371_3141950209244841_5520116253146772033_o.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Definitely picking this up. Now Threezero please a season 7/8 Sansa, Daenerys and Jamie in Lannister armour, then Jorah, Melisandre, Varys, Theon and the Mountain...a man can dream

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's a figure I definitely need. That hair should be sculpted though, low confidence 3Z will do this sculpt justice.

And on that topic I have grown tired of their slightly cheaper than HT figures that come with bad head sculpts. I would rather pay $50 more to get a sculpt that is accurate and lifelike.

I think all companies suffer from this in one degree to another. Xensation gave us an amazing Tywin and Davos... then Bronn. HT manages to remain the most consistent but still has plenty of misses like Ben Kenobi, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker Tatooine (those three just always come to mind).

I don't think 3Z has much of an improvement record -- meaning the sculpt gets better from proto to prod -- so whatever you see now is likely the best it will ever be.

HT manages to remain the most consistent but still has plenty of misses like Ben Kenobi, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker Tatooine (those three just always come to mind).

Yes but even those misses are better than 90% of the competition's best.

Oh I don't know, Xensation has only released 3 GoT figures and they are 2 for 3. That's pretty good.

And both Xensation's Tywin and Davos are far better than HT's worst.

3Z's GoT is really uneven. They started with pretty poor likenesses... then somewhere along the way did some nice ones. Once you do one well, everyone expects that type of consistency. Tyrion 2 seems like the pinnacle of 3Z's GoT efforts if I remember correctly. Some are OK: Brienne, Walker, NK, Cersei (maybe). Then there are the bad: Joffrey, Jon Snow (both), Daenerys, etc. Many of them are arguable -- the people who can repaint well seemed less troubled than those who must accept whatever the factory gives them.

I don't have too large a 3Z collection so far. But Joffrey is a disappointment. I had planned to get S8 Jon but after I acquired the original I figured I'd spent the money on new parts and head rather than have two Snows with poor head sculpts. As great as the S8 outfit has been realized by 3Z, its just not as cool as Crow Snow for me.

Now that I see Arya has a similar jerkin to S8 Jon, I'm even happier not to have him.

Oh I don't know, Xensation has only released 3 GoT figures and they are 2 for 3. That's pretty good.

And both Xensation's Tywin and Davos are far better than HT's worst.

Agreed, I can't argue with this.

In regard to this new Arya from what i can tell from the picture we have the rooted hair doesn't very well match the sculpted hair and the job on the rooted looks pretty rough in general. The sculpt also looks to have aged her about 10 years. I'm buying no matter but I expect disappointment based on this first pic. In the past even some of their bad production sculpts(Dany) had nice looking prototypes.
6f9d8884552ba670eaa11ccc31d4d46d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Looking at that pic and the figure, I see a lot of things wrong with the figure besides the sculpt - the solors on the "cape" are completely wrong. Really hope its the lighting.

The hair being half sculpt/half hair does look problematic. It was done with some success with Asmus Arwen -- which I don't have -- but heard in hand it looks good. I think it looks pretty poor in photos, which is one reason I passed on it.

Arya I will not pass on, so I hope the hair gag does work better in hand... otherwise, I may be learning how to hair the sculpted portion myself.

Anyway, that particular proto looks really slapped together in some ways, I mean look at the Jon Snow sized boots they gave her.

Lads, this looks great and infinitely better than the version one proto. Really excited to add this one to the collection. Interesting choice for half sculpted/ half rooted hair. Hopefully they can execute that well.

At last! Definitely preorder on day one. Can live with all the faults.
Same, face already looks like it needs paint but I'll take it. Glad I skipped the first. With Grey Worm coming from Xensation, and Drogo from BB toys, it can only get better. Hopefully we'll get a better dani too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks great imo and i dont even like Arya very much as a char or actress. Hmm

Same, face already looks like it needs paint but I'll take it. Glad I skipped the first. With Grey Worm coming from Xensation, and Drogo from BB toys, it can only get better. Hopefully we'll get a better dani too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There's a Drogo? Hadn't heard about that. Is there a thread? (Not getting any useful hits from the search function here.)

Back