Action Figure LIMTOYS - BIO EVIL - 1/12 scale R.P.D. Officer collectibe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_R_X

Super Freak
Reaction score
Today we're announcing two new 1/12 scale products of our new BIO EVIL line, these are:

- R.P.D. Officer - S version:
atPFJLv.jpg

- R.P.D. Officer - A version:
bSPL5Ts.jpg

We have two versions of this character for collectors out there, the S version is armed to the teeth and full of key items to help him escape a city full of the living dead, the A version has our officer in a more dire position as he can only rely on his trusty sidearm and a few other accessories to defend himself, either way he won't have an easy time surviving the evil that now haunts the city...

Both figures will be available for pre-order soon at the usual retailers (price will vary with each one), check out all the pics we have for you down below!

YVyq4Pc.jpg

M1XVCTo.jpg

Nb89ts8.jpg

t06k8s1.jpg

JSNQmYl.jpg

k5sUaaR.jpg

tE00HvY.jpg

5elJxzz.jpg

XsMOPKa.jpg

8hJUq2s.jpg

h3jdvU9.jpg

1bnHzuY.jpg

cwjD1m9.jpg

qAA9lhr.jpg

0Ju0Q2E.jpg

c1zWGkZ.jpg

v5dLk7A.jpg

wow that's a staggering difference in the amount of accessories between the versions. i'm thinking most would just go to the s version if the price difference is not too big to get their money's worth.

Completely mindblown by this figure! It's so accurate... Best Resident Figure of all time hands down. The level of detail and number of accessories is crazy, you have definitely beaten any 1/12 line out there.
Amazing photos as well! Extremely professional.

If there's a Leon, then I'm sure you will make a Claire as well.

So it's due for Q3 2021, the timing is cool for me. Man I had given up on collecting but the quality you bring out is just too good.
The good side of having to wait a long time is that there aren't too many figures to buy at once, unlike Mezco with all the variants and crazy schedule. 2 or 3 high end figures per year would be perfect in my book.
I'm going to pre-order 3 S Version of Leon in October, 1 for me, 2 for friends of mine. I want to support your line, and I'm sure there will be high demand for this figure.

There are some questions I have though, if you don't mind.

What's the actual plan for the Limini 1/12 line, and the 1/6 line?
Do you really want to continue both lines?
What about the Metal Gear figures?
Can we expect more Metal Gear figures in the near future in 1/12 and 1/6, or did you figure you should enlarge your fanbase and put MGS on hold for a while?

It seems to me there has been a shift in your plans. I have followed Limtoys from the start. Originally, it was based only on Metal Gear for over 2 years (Leather coat Big Boss, Venom with his military outfit, and Quiet), and the scale was 1/6. We were supposed to get a 1/12 Ocelot as we saw the prototype of the head, but heard no news since then.
Then you decided to diversify the 1/6 line with other video games (RDR 2 & Detroit).
Then you created a new line, the 1/12 line, based on Metal Gear again.
And now you decide to diversify the 1/12 line with other video games (Last of us, RE2).

Since the demand is high and that you ensure the quality is top notch everytime, the figures take forever to come out. And there was the coronavirus situation which further pushed back the release date of 1/12 Venom, and probably the Last of Us as well.

It looks like you have to make choices now, between the 1/6 and 1/12 line, and also between the pick of video games & characters.

As a customer, I also make choices. I passed on Connor & Arthur, as the 1/6 scale takes too much room. I would definitely have pre-ordered those if they were in 1/12 though.

I think the best option would be to stop the 1/6 line, and fully concentrate on the 1/12 scale, like Mezco One:12.
The 1/6 scale is overdone by many companies, while the 1/12 scale is much rarer.

As of now, more & more companies are trying the 1/12 scale, but Limtoys is the only one to keep on delivering so far. Mezco has dropped the ball. Soap Studios failed as bringing quality products. If you keep on making such high end 1/12 figures, you will rule the 1/12 market in no time. You are already the best at it in my book.

Then there's the question of Metal Gear figures. You attracted me to your brand because of Metal Gear.
What I would love to see in 1/12 Limini:
-Naked Snake (MGS3)
-The Boss (MGS3)
-Eva (MGS3)
-Venom Snake Sneaking Suit & Leather Coat (MGSV)
-Ocelot (MGSV)
-Quiet (MGSV)
-Kazuhira Miller (MGSV)
-Old Big Boss with his long brown coat (MGS1 artwork/MGS4 ending)
-Solid Snake (MGS1)
-Gray Fox (MGS1)
-Sniper Wolf (MGS1)
-Meryl (MGS1)
-Liquid Snake (MGS1)
-Solid Snake (MGS2)
-Raiden (MGS2)
-Raiden (MGS4)

I could name other characters from MGS, but those are the figures I would like to see the most by Limtoys in 1/12. There are so many figures to make... but at the pace it's going, it may take 20/30 years to get them all, and I might die before seeing the end of the line (just like I may not ever see the ending of Berserk).

Now I understand that you have to target a larger audience with other video games, and I'm totally cool with the picks so far for the 1/12 line (Last of Us & RE2 are great picks).
I would totally love a 1/12 Dante, a 1/12 Vergil and a 1/12 Nero from Devil May Cry 5. You would absolutely kill it.

But the thing is, those figures will take a slot when it could have been a Metal Gear figure. And I'm sure there will be more & more diversity with more games coming, and we may only get 1 or 2 Metal Gear figures in the 4/5 upcoming years.

So what's the real plan? Bringing much more Metal Gear figures, or offering a large diversity of characters from various video games? I understand it's a tough decision even for you, as I feel you are very dedicated to Metal Gear. But clearly Metal Gear is just one fanbase, and looking at this Leon figure, it's mindblowing, and you can target a lot of other fanbases, and it's just better for the business obviously.

Thank you very much for reading me, I'm looking forward to your answer, and keep on rocking, you are killing it!

Completely mindblown by this figure! It's so accurate... Best Resident Figure of all time hands down. The level of detail and number of accessories is crazy, you have definitely beaten any 1/12 line out there.

So it's due for Q3 2021, the timing is cool for me. Man I had given up on collecting but the quality you bring out is just too good.
The good side of having to wait a long time is that there aren't too many figures to buy at once, unlike Mezco with all the variants and crazy schedule. 2 or 3 high end figures per year would be perfect in my book.
I'm going to pre-order 3 S Version of Leon in October, 1 for me, 2 for friends of mine. I want to support your line, and I'm sure there will be high demand for this figure.

Can we expect more Metal Gear figures in the near future in 1/12 and 1/6, or did you figure you should enlarge your fanbase and put MGS on hold for a while?

It seems to me there has been a shift in your plans. I have followed Limtoys from the start. Originally, it was based only on Metal Gear for over 2 years (Leather coat Big Boss, Venom with his military outfit, and Quiet), and the scale was 1/6. We were supposed to get a 1/12 Ocelot as we saw the prototype of the head, but heard no news since then.
Then you decided to diversify the 1/6 line with other video games (RDR 2 & Detroit).
And now you decide to diversify the 1/12 line with other video games (Last of us, RE2).

Since the demand is high and that you ensure the quality is top notch everytime, the figures take forever to come out. And there was the coronavirus situation which further pushed back the release date of 1/12 Venom, and probably the Last of Us as well.

It looks like you have to make choices now, between the 1/6 and 1/12 line, and also between the pick of video games & characters.

As a customer, I also make choices. I passed on Connor & Arthur, as the 1/6 scale takes too much room. I would definitely have pre-ordered those if they were in 1/12 though.

I think the best option would be to stop the 1/6 line, and fully concentrate on the 1/12 scale, like Mezco One:12.
The 1/6 scale is overdone by many companies, while the 1/12 scale is much rarer.

As of now, more & more companies are trying the 1/12 scale, but Limtoys is the only one to keep on delivering so far. Mezco has dropped the ball. Soap Studios failed as bringing quality products. If you keep on making such high end 1/12 figures, you will rule the 1/12 market in no time. You are already the best at it in my book.

Then there's the question of Metal Gear figures. You attracted me to your brand because of Metal Gear.
-Naked Snake (MGS3)
-The Boss (MGS3)
-Eva (MGS3)
-Ocelot (MGSV)
-Quiet (MGSV)
-Kazuhira Miller (MGSV)
-Solid Snake (MGS1)
-Gray Fox (MGS1)
-Sniper Wolf (MGS1)
-Meryl (MGS1)
-Liquid Snake (MGS1)
-Solid Snake (MGS2)
-Raiden (MGS2)
-Raiden (MGS4)

I could name other characters from MGS, but those are the figures I would like to see the most by Limtoys in 1/12. There are so many figures to make... but at the pace it's going, it may take 20/30 years to get them all, and I might die before seeing the end of the line (just like I may not ever see the ending of Berserk).

Now I understand that you have to target a larger audience with other video games, and I'm totally cool with the picks so far for the 1/12 line (Last of Us & RE2 are great picks).
I would totally love a 1/12 Dante, a 1/12 Vergil and a 1/12 Nero from Devil May Cry 5. You would absolutely kill it.

But the thing is, those figures will take a slot when it could have been a Metal Gear figure. And I'm sure there will be more & more diversity with more games coming, and we may only get 1 or 2 Metal Gear figures in the 4/5 upcoming years.

So what's the real plan? Bringing much more Metal Gear figures, or offering a large diversity of characters from various video games? I understand it's a tough decision even for you, as I feel you are very dedicated to Metal Gear. But clearly Metal Gear is just one fanbase, and looking at this Leon figure, it's mindblowing, and you can target a lot of other fanbases, and it's just better for the business obviously.

Thank you very much for reading me, I'm looking forward to your answer, and keep on rocking, you are killing it!

I am just speculating here, but it seems to me that the current focus is 1/6 scale figures. If you look at the 1/12th line it's all figures that have been done before either by lim or someone else, the sort of exception to this rule is Leon, even though the Dam Toys Leon only went up for preorder recently there was an official announcement over a year ago so that would have factored in why they didn't go 1/6 first.

I would down for more metal gear figures though in both scales

@chrisstruthers: we should keep this thread then, because the OP actually works for Limtoys.

I am just speculating here, but it seems to me that the current focus is 1/6 scale figures. If you look at the 1/12th line it's all figures that have been done before either by lim or someone else, the sort of exception to this rule is Leon, even though the Dam Toys Leon only went up for preorder recently there was an official announcement over a year ago so that would have factored in why they didn't go 1/6 first.

I would down for more metal gear figures though in both scales

That's why I'd appreciate if OP could clarify the situation. If you look at 2020, Limtoys is releasing 3 figures in 1/12 (Joel, Eli, and Venom Snake) and only 2 in 1/6 (Connor and Arthur Morgan), and 1 headsculpt in 1/6. And their future release of 2021 is a 1/12 figure. No announcement for a 1/6 figure in 2021 yet.
It seems to me the focus is more on 1/12 than 1/6.

Also, they started with only Metal Gear figures and are offering more variety now, hence my questions.

You are right though, the figures they are making in 1/12 scale have already been made either by them, or another company like Dam Toys. Maybe they want to make sure the 1/6 releases are popular enough to pick the 1/12 releases. The 1/6 market is a lot bigger than the 1/12 market, but I feel it's going to change in the future, because it saves up for space, and costs less money. And personally, I find the 1/12 scale much more attractive and ambitious. It's harder to make a 1/12 figure look as good & detailed as a 1/6 figure.

I'm actually amazed by Venom Snake in 1/12. I owned all of the 1/6 versions of Venom, and the 1/12 actually has more accessories and looks as good if not better than the 1/6 they had released.
This 1/12 Leon looks as good as the 1/6 Dam Toys one, and has more accessories.

What Limtoys is doing is what Mezco had promised & failed to do.

@chrisstruthers: we should keep this thread then, because the OP actually works for Limtoys.

That's why I'd appreciate if OP could clarify the situation. If you look at 2020, Limtoys is releasing 3 figures in 1/12 (Joel, Eli, and Venom Snake) and only 2 in 1/6 (Connor and Arthur Morgan), and 1 headsculpt in 1/6. And their future release of 2021 is a 1/12 figure. No announcement for a 1/6 figure in 2021 yet.

Also, they started with only Metal Gear figures and are offering more variety now, hence my questions.

You are right though, the figures they are making in 1/12 scale have already been made either by them, or another company like Dam Toys. Maybe they want to make sure the 1/6 releases are popular enough to pick the 1/12 releases. The 1/6 market is a lot bigger than the 1/12 market, but I feel it's going to change in the future, because it saves up for space, and costs less money. And personally, I find the 1/12 scale much more attractive and ambitious. It's harder to make a 1/12 figure look as good & detailed as a 1/6 figure.

I'm actually amazed by Venom Snake in 1/12. I owned all of the 1/6 versions of Venom, and the 1/12 actually has more accessories and looks as good if not better than the 1/6 they had released.

I?m fine with 1/6 scale figures, but that?s because I barely ever buy them, hell the only 1/6 scale figure I own right now is Hot Toys Raiden (and Connor and Asmus Toys DMC 5 Vergil once they come out).

Honestly, if 1/12 scale figures start achieving the same level of detail as a good 1/6 scale figure, you can be damn sure I?m going to go all in on the 1/12 scale. Limtoys? Leon seems to mark the beginning of such an age, so I?m actually exited to see what other video game franchise they will pursue in 1/12 scales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they will continue with MGS, maximum just one more Quiet like 1/6. Devil may cry already has another brand (1000toys) made it.
I would like to see they release more figure unique like Last of us... Which isn't dupicated with another character of different brands, and 1 voted for 1/12.

I think the priority is still 1/6 scale figures. They first path the way and diversify with 1/6 then the 1/12th follows.
Not to mention the 1/12th Snake probably requires less R&D since a significant amount will have been done for the 1/6th Snake.

As for the 1/12th Snake looking better that's because it's a later release and they was able to make improvements, When the Sneaking Suit Snake releases in 1/6 it will look even better still as they learn from previous releases.

As for Leon to be brutally honest i don't like the accessories they chosen for this releases, most of it doesn't work for that version of Leon if they had an injured version it would be a non issue, Not really feeling the head sculpt but i am hoping that will be improved by release. It's not really a negative but i really wish they went with the injured look for variety since the collectors edition statue, the Dam Toys figure and now the Lim figure all going with the same outfit.

That being said it's still an awesome release, gonna have to preorder Leon for that typewriter, really impressed by the outfit and the details on the accessories.

Not really a 1/12th collector but for Leon and Snake i will make an exception i look forward to finally have those two bad asses team up in the same display.

I think he looks really good but i wish he came with the 1911 pistol instead of that Beretta like the damtoys one

Now up for pre-order at KGHobby, Giantoy, One Sixth Kit and TNS Figures, price will vary depending on the retailer.

-Naked Snake (MGS3)
-The Boss (MGS3)
-Eva (MGS3)
-Ocelot (MGSV)
-Quiet (MGSV)
-Kazuhira Miller (MGSV)
-Solid Snake (MGS1)
-Gray Fox (MGS1)
-Sniper Wolf (MGS1)
-Meryl (MGS1)
-Liquid Snake (MGS1)
-Solid Snake (MGS2)
-Raiden (MGS2)
-Raiden (MGS4)

Thanks for the praise and all the support as always!
Our plan is to offer people a large diversity of characters from various games as you said, in both 1/6 and 1/12, we'll keep making MGS characters in both scales, and other characters in either one, we don't plan to be exclusive to just one scale because we love working on both of them.

Each figure we make, be it 1/6 or 1/12 will always have the same goal, to be the best represntation of the character in question in figure form, that's what we aim to deliver with every product we make and is what we'll keep doing for as long as we can.

As far as continuing lines it all depends how well the figures from the line sell, I would love to make the entire cast of MGS or some of my other favorite gaming franchises but we need to turn a profit if we want to keep at it, that's why we appreciate all th support and feedback we get, without it we would never be able to keep improving as a brand.

As far as what's comming in the near future, our upcoming announcements are 1/6 and we're working on special things for next year. :wink1:

Love this! Impressive details. Definitely a must for me! Hope there's plans for a Claire (or Ada?) at this scale too :D?

Thanks for the praise and all the support as always!
Our plan is to offer people a large diversity of characters from various games as you said, in both 1/6 and 1/12, we'll keep making MGS characters in both scales, and other characters in either one, we don't plan to be exclusive to just one scale because we love working on both of them.

Each figure we make, be it 1/6 or 1/12 will always have the same goal, to be the best represntation of the character in question in figure form, that's what we aim to deliver with every product we make and is what we'll keep doing for as long as we can.

As far as continuing lines it all depends how well the figures from the line sell, I would love to make the entire cast of MGS or some of my other favorite gaming franchises but we need to turn a profit if we want to keep at it, that's why we appreciate all th support and feedback we get, without it we would never be able to keep improving as a brand.

As far as what's comming in the near future, our upcoming announcements are 1/6 and we're working on special things for next year. :wink1:

Thank you so much for your answer. You are an amazing PR for Limtoys.
I wish we had this kind of relationship with Mezco One:12 when it was still a good line and could understand the plans and that they'd read the boards & fix problems if people were complaining.
It's crazy that you started so recently and deliver amazing products while still being in touch with fans. Can't think of another company like yours.

So yeah I understand the business side. Ideally, you'd love to make as much MGS figures as possible, but you have to take in consideration the market and what fans from other franchises would like. Totally understandable.

I won't hope for the impossible then ; ) I just hope we'll get some new MGS figures in the future, and I'm down with every announced 1/12 figure so far. Extremely please with Leon, Joel, Eli and Venom.
Only figure I'm not crazy about is Connor in 1/6 but I would have considered buying it in 1/12.

I'll buy any 1/6 figure if it's an MGS figure. And I plan on getting every single 1/12 figure you announce.

You really targeted some of the best games & most appreciated of the last 10 years for the 1/12 scale: MGSV, Last of Us, Bio Hazard 2 Remake. Excellent picks really.

I could definitely see a 1/12 Arthur Morgan, and most especially, Dante, Nero & Vergil from DMC5 in 1/12. Those would sell out like pancakes in a minute.
I know 1000 Toys made their own Dante & Nero, but honestly I don't like what they've done. Only thing I appreciate: the coats & accessories. But I don't get the mix of clothes and plastic. They should have gone full clothes.
So I hope Limtoys can fix this and offer us fully clothed characters from Devil May Cry.

Since you're more into latest game, DMC5 would be a great pick, especially since it will re-release on PS5 & Xbox Series X.
But my favorite design of Dante will remain Dante from DMC1. If we could get a 1/12 figure by Limtoys of Dante in DMC1, that would be a dream. That and Solid Snake from either MGS1, damn, it would be gigantic.

Thanks again for your time and keep up the great work!!

The accessories are cool but just wondering what other generic action figures are in 1/12 scale?

It's cool to see a RE2 Leon.
I'll be honest though, I would have preferred a RE6 Leon x)

Back