Media Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 Billion!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Holeeeee shiiii......
This is awesome and huge!
Bill Gates found the spare change between his seat cushions and gave Phil Spencer the green light.

So much for not having any exclusives...
https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/21/microsoft-to-acquire-zenimax-media-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1iLtcvwY6Nb1GeKADyDUEX/why-microsoft-is-the-perfect-fit

C6DD1102-BDF2-42E5-9AD0-F07216C7D6DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Microsoft buys Bethesda

Yessir! My Preorder is ready for tomorrow lol

After Bethesda bought id Software, my only response to this news is:

xx0RYEO.gif

Hope they'll put more money into the Quake franchise.

Obsidian and Bethesda owned by M$ increases the odds of FO New Vegas 2 and a remaster I imagine.
Id love Phil to put pressure on remasters of Oblivion,MorrowWind and Fallout 3 with Mod support.
Money in the bank for M$.

I'm a Microsoft fanboy..the X-Box is my *preferred* console. But they DESPERATELY needed this. Good on them.

The X-Box doesn't have any unique exclusives anymore. Nintendo will ALWAYS have their all-stars (and SEGA characters like Sonic every once in a while teaming with Mario) and Playstation has been kicking it back up first-party HARD (Marvel's Spider-man, FFVIII Remake, SFV, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, etc.).

I'm sorry but Halo is sputtering along. The last game wasn't well-received and they have delayed this next one because they're re-writing the story or something? Huh? And while GEARS always has solid gameplay, is there much more to go back to for the largely same gameplay? I guess the GEARS Tactics game is new but we've seen this with XCOM and Mario/Rabbids Kingdom Battles. Once again, I'm a fanboy...but X-Box's first party/exclusive games have dried up.

This is a *HUGE* must-win for Microsoft. Happy for them. Hopefully they don't gut the Bethesda/Zenimax studios.

Having Elder Scrolls, Fallout is WIN enough. Starfield is supposedly the next Bethesda Action RPG. But adding DOOM, Wolfenstein, and some of the others? Wow.

I'm sorry but Halo is sputtering along. The last game wasn't well-received and they have delayed this next one because they're re-writing the story or something? Huh?

They aren?t rewriting the story, they?re delaying the game due to fan feedback on the gameplay reveal and due to the impact that COVID has had on development.

so meaning they will be Windows/Xbox exclusives from now on? ok. i have PC anyway.

so meaning they will be Windows/Xbox exclusives from now on? ok. i have PC anyway.

We don't know. Microsoft still releases Minecraft content on PS and Switch as well as releasing Minecraft Dungeons on PS4. They said they'll be releasing on other consoles on a case by case basis.

If anyone is still trying to get a preorder in I just got mine on BestBuy. What an ordeal...MS was slammed and sold out, servers not responding as well as Amazon. yikes. BestBuy also was initially sold out. I think MS has already made that 7.5 billion back.

We don't know. Microsoft still releases Minecraft content on PS and Switch as well as releasing Minecraft Dungeons on PS4. They said they'll be releasing on other consoles on a case by case basis.

I think Minecraft is a particular decision. It was and is hugely popular with younger kids. People who are much less likely to actually decide on what to buy. Bethesda's IPs are mostly geared to older teens/adults who actually go out and buy consoles. If I were MS I wouldn't do anything except hold them close.

Glad to hear this. If only for the PS fanboys to shut up.... :pfft: .... :lol

I've always owned both consoles (XBox & Playstation) until this past Gen.

I loved the original Playstation and PS2. PS3 I mainly bought for the Bluray player and the fact the original was backward compatible and can play nearly every PS1 & PS2 game ever played. That was huge!! And allowed me to dump both consoles and only need the PS3. Never felt the need for a PS4. The only games I had any interest in and would've bought were God Of War and Spider-Man. And maybe the FFVII remake (which is not really an exclusive as it may be released on the XBox in the future). Don't care about any of the other Sony exclusive titles. Not buying a console for 2 games. I did that with the Nintendo Gamecube (for Star Wars Rogue Squadron). I think I only ever bought like 6 games on that thing.

The XBox has always been my preferred platform since the XBox 360. The controller is far superior to the PS controller. And 3 of my favorite games are XBox exclusives. Forza Motorsport, Halo and Gears Of War. All the other games I like (any my son) always come out on both platforms.

I didn't PO the new Xbox yesterday as I don't have a 4K TV yet. Was gonna get an LG OLED this year, but decided to wait another year. I'll pick up the XBox Series X sometime next year. First time I've never PO'd or bought a console on release.

Sony will double-down on exclusives. We'll probably get A LOT of sequels. There will undoubtedly be another Spider-man game AFTER Miles Morales (since that is heavily rumored to not be a "full game", they even said the hours to completion were much shorter than the first game)...I'm actually hoping for an open-world Spider-man 2099.

-I think we'll see a follow-up to "Ghost of Tsushima"..undoubtedly the best samurai game ever (notable mentions to "Way of the Samurai" and a few others of years' past - I have a soft spot for "Samurai Warriors" series too). It will likely NOT be Sakai but may take place on mainland Japan during another famous samurai era (Sengoku period perhaps?). That game was TOO good to not use that formula again. Though we might see it bigger and more expansive on next-gen.

-God of War's "Second Arc" Continues obviously...I HONESTLY don't care for GOW anymore. I watched my brother play the new one, as well as followed reviews, and it's obvious that unlike 'Gears of War', GOW has done a fantastic job starting a new story arc WITH a new formula for play. The title will continue to do well.

-Will Sony try to make SFVI exclusive or any other fighting game? SFV had a very rocky start but it eventually found a groove. It wasn't a "console buyer" though. I don't see the likelihood of SFVI being a console exclusive for Sony...but anything is possible. Maybe they'll go after an exclusive deal for another CAPCOM property like Devil May Cry 6 or the next Resident Evil?

-FFVII Remake Continues - Hard to beat this one. The original FFVII drove MANY to finally buy the original Playstation (I was one of them) and was refined the RPG genre. The nostalgia and well-done FFVII Remake will continue. Question is...will Sony potentially pursue an exclusive deal for a *NEW* FF on the PS5?

-Is it time for another TWISTED METAL? Sly Cooper? Isn't there another Crash Bandicoot?

-There's rumors one of the Big 3 might try to buy Konami. Especially in the dust of the Zenimax/Microsoft deal, Sony buying Konami and acquiring Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Contra, Bomberman, the Dance Dance games would be a huge response. I think this could lead to a "Metal Gear" Reboot and/or a Remake of the original Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2 retelling the Solid Snake original missions. We might also see a Castlevania reboot or some other continuation...

Back