Did the ST have a PLAN or NOT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the ST the result of Disney's plan from the beginning?

• No plan

Votes: 60 96.8%
  • Plan

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Did Disney have a PLAN for the ST from the beginning that they stuck to? In other words, is the end result of the Sequel Trilogy the result of an overarching story plan from the beginning?

If they had a plan they let ruin abandon it which led to the mess that we saw unfold before our eyes. Its not even a ****ing trilogy its a disjointed mess of unconnected story threads and drastic changes in tone between the films. You can literally skip tlj and not really miss anything except for jake and snokes deaths

If you dont follow a plan or abandon it then i guess its not much of a plan- so i vote no plan

I voted no (like everyone else) but that's not necessarily a bad thing. They've openly admitted each successive director could take the story in whichever direction they wanted. Trouble was, RJ made his second-parter too much like a third-parter.

I'm sure JJ had a plan initially, with all the different story threads he set up in TFA that clearly seemed to be heading in a certain (predictable) direction. And I thought Ryan did a great job subverting some of those expectations with his movie. But then after the fan outcry the producers clearly had second thoughts and tried too hard to course correct back to the original story.

So for me it's only TROS that throws things out of whack, and makes the whole thing not fit together well. Although I do still think the overall story works well enough, and of course is imminently more watchable than the prequels, where very little works at all.

So for me it's only TROS that throws things out of whack, and makes the whole thing not fit together well.

Agreed. It's been said "anyone but J.J." should have directed cos no-one else would have been wedded to TFA's original intent.

and of course is imminently more watchable than the prequels, where very little works at all.

If you're talking acting and directing, sure. Most other aspects of the PT are great.

For Star Wars to work you would need:

1) Kennedy gone
2) somebody with creative control that is competant
3) JJ Abrams as director, but contractually he can not right anything, or anybody that was involved with Batman v Superman

Boom

For Star Wars to work you would need:

1) Kennedy gone
2) somebody with creative control that is competant
3) JJ Abrams as director, but contractually he can not right anything, or anybody that was involved with Batman v Superman

Boom

I always had a plan for a sequel trilogy. Instead of pandering to OT purist we should focus on the reconstruction of the jedi and the rise of the force again. Put the stomr troppers in but have them be like a terrorist faction or something. A small unit of people who want to see the empire rise again. No more crappy death stars knock off's and myterious old men in shadows.

This rare photo shows the precise moment our story plan was overarched.

ygzf4u8.jpg

So that dude is the one pulling all there strings in the background !! The mastermind, the real world Palpatine if you like.

They had a backup plan in case rian Johnson completely messed up the story and lore and everything jj set up, to get jj back to try and rectify things and leave fans unsatisfied and confused as a result

Back