Action Force 1:12 scale figures by Valaverse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't see a dedicated thread for this so, this will be the main thread to talk specifically about these figures.
Valaverse Action Force Series 1 001.jpg

Just fyi,
Action Force is a articulated military action figure line in 1:12 scale with weapon and gear packs from Valaverse.
Valaverse ran a Kickstarter for Action Force Series 1 Figures and accessories. It's successful and they should start shipping around March of next year:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/actionforce/valaverse

You can still buy and update your pledge from their Crowd OX here:
https://app.crowdox.com/projects/actionforce/valaverse

These are also available to preorder from main retailers like Dorkside Toys and Big Bad Toy Store.

An update was posted for series 1 and a look at series 2:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/actionforce/valaverse/posts/2948793\

They were at Joe Fest 2020. Here's the video from the panel, Sgt. Slaughter makes his appearance at 29 minutes. Everything that was unveiled there is in that update post above. Audio is poor so you're best to use headphones;

One of the cool things unveiled was the "Declassified Gear Pack":
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Declassified Gear Pack 001.jpg
The same Marine cover has been added to the Bravo weapon pack, in the Joe fest vid, Bobby showed that the cover should fit Gung-Ho.

Here's what was shown for Series 2:
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Rollout 001.jpg
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Trigger 001.jpg
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Garrison Cavalry 001.jpg
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Blowback 001.jpg
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Brush Trooper 001.jpg
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Brush Gear 001.jpg
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Declassified Gear Pack 001.jpg
Valaverse Action Force Series 2 Crimson Shadow Trooper 001.jpg

That last one is a call back to the original UK Action Force Red Shadows!
I hope a old school Red Shadows helmet can be included in another supplementary gear pack.

Great idea for a thread! I think this will make a great companion piece to Hasbro's GIJOE Classified Series.
I've already got Sgt. Slaughter, Steel Brigade and Weapons Gear Pack Alpha on pre-order from BBTS.
And I'm definitely picking up that Declassified Gear Pack as soon as it goes up for pre-order. The potential for this line is unlimited and I think will enhance anyone's Classified collection.

Wouldn't this have some crossover with GI Joe, since essentially they were the same property?

Wouldn't this have some crossover with GI Joe, since essentially they were the same property?

Apparently some of the sculptor(s) who worked on the Valaverse were also contracted by Hasbro to work on the new G.I. Joe Classified Series. Bobby Vala himself was a former Hasbro designer and it sounds like he was definitely a Joe fan...hence his AF line.

I think Hasbro let the "Action Force" trademark slide which is why Bobby Vala was able to snatch it up.

Action Force was Palitoy, Hasbro later bought the AF brand but let it lapse. Palitoy started the Action Force line simultaneously as Hasbro started the RAH line unknowingly about what each other was doing at the time. AF was a reaction to the popularity of Kenner 3 3/4 Star Wars which Palitoy had the contract to make and sell in the UK as they did Hasbro's 12" GI Joes under Action Man. Palitoy would slowly add 3 3/4 Hasbro RAH Figures and vehicles to their Action Force line mostly as vehicle drivers until Palitoy stopped making their 5 POA Action Force figures and only release RAH figures recolored and renamed within Action Force.

While working at Hasbro on I believe the 25th annv. GI Joe and then the Marvel Legends lines, Bobby Vala tried to get Hasbro interested in producing a 6" GI Joe line but management wasn't interested. Which is why he started his Action Force line after he left. He owns the trademark on Action Force, I think the Steel Brigade name lapsed into public domain which is how he's able to use it. I don't know if he has the trademark on Steel Brigade.

Valaverse will be selling a limited run (1400 pieces) of unpainted guns Thursday, February 18th @ 2:00pm est on their website (TODAY).
Limited to one per customer for a few days or the set sells out before then. New comics will also go on sale
If you're a backer you can get a discount with the coupon code BACKER on your order. The coupon code is tied to your email that you backed the campaign with and won't work with a different email.
Crimson Shadow Prototype Armaments 001.jpg

On the other side. The Action Force figures don't appeal much to me. I'm not too impressed by the villain designs and how they dug up old medieval helmets. Reminds me of Fallout's "Caesar's Legions".

Blowback from Series 2 looks cool...might pick him up. I'll wait for reviews on the Steel Brigade and see what happens there. But I'm all over these accessory packs to basically amp up my Classified Series collection.

Missed out on the POs for Condor and the weapon sets here in the UK. Urrgh!
33dd1921cd7644bbefd3e9059777a68f.jpg

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

My Guns arrived today, took some pics with my Joes and Cobra. As well as a few other figures.
GI Joe W Action Force Guns 001.jpg
Cobra W Action Force Guns And Custom Megatron From Etsy 001.jpg

Megatron is not from Action Force, I bought it from Etsy.
Cobra W Action Force Guns And Custom Megatron From Etsy 002.jpg
Cobra W Action Force Guns 004.jpg
This is a Articulated Icons Figure with the Action Force M4 W/ M203 Grenade Launcher.
Articulated Icons W Action Force Gun 001.jpg
Marvel Legends Classic Punisher and Roided-out Punisher.
Punisher W Action Force guns 004.jpg
Punisher W Action Force guns 002.jpg

@screamingmetal,
Those are some awesome shots and really killer weapons. I ordered some weapons from Marauder Gunrunners last year and was really impressed by the details.
I'm completely psyched for Action Force and it's Weapons pack, which I will use for my Joes and Cobra.

@screamingmetal,
Those are some awesome shots and really killer weapons. I ordered some weapons from Marauder Gunrunners last year and was really impressed by the details.
I'm completely psyched for Action Force and it's Weapons pack, which I will use for my Joes and Cobra.

Thanks, took me the whole afternoon trying to get good shots, turns out my new cellphone has a poor camera, still look okay. I have the first gen. Gunrunners guns, can't find most of them but I did take a pic with the two I had available.
Gunrunner M4 & pistol on the left opposite the Action Force guns on the right:
First Gen Gun Runners Guns On The Left - Action Force Guns On The Right W Custom Megatron 001.jpg

I just found out Marauders made the more recent guns bigger, will have to place an order for some then.

Here's a comparison of some of the Classified Nurf guns on the left, Action Force Guns on the right:
GI Joe Classified Guns On The Left - Action Force Guns On The Right 001.jpg

Ignore the Snake Eyes blaster pointing the wrong way, the stupid post sticking out the side required it to point in that direction.

Back