Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellatron

Freaked Out
Reaction score
DMC5V99.jpg
DMC5V01.jpg
DMC5V12.jpg
EXC.jpg
DLC.jpg
ASMUS TOYS THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES : V (DMC V)

(Product ID: DMC501)

The V (DMC V) Sixth Scale Figure features:

? Asmus ADAM body

? Approximately 31 cm tall

? Over 32 points of articulation

Features :

? Super detailed head sculpt accurately depicted from the video game

? One pair of relaxed posture hand

? One pair of weapon holding hand

? One pair of trigger hands

Special features on Clothing:

? Manufactured and designed by POP Toys

? One black leather coat

? One pair of black leather pants

? One skull key chain

? One pair of feet on sandals

Special features in weapons:

? One cane
? One book of V

Accesroies:
? One Asmus Toys Deluxe figure stand

Asmus Toys Online Store Exclusive Inculdes:
. One white haired headculpt of V

ESTIMATE SHIPPING DATE: Q4, 2020

From the Asmus website.

So his familiars will be sold separately? I'd imagine he would come with them in their Luxury edition. Overall though he looks good.

Needs a better face sculpt and why does the DT V head looks like he has nystagmus? It's as if they're basing the headsculpt from a far away shot of V. I'm assuming this one will be a whole lot cheaper, right?

Needs a better face sculpt and why does the DT V head looks like he has nystagmus? It's as if they're basing the headsculpt from a far away shot of V. I'm assuming this one will be a whole lot cheaper, right?
About the same as Nero and SE Dante. $210 not counting the $20 deposit.

About the same as Nero and SE Dante. $210 not counting the $20 deposit.

Ok, not bad I guess. Going back to the face, I would suggest Asmus to fix the eyes and add folds on the eyelids and add color to the lips while plumping the bottom lip a bit more.

Hey @Asmus, will you still be tweaking the headsculpt?

20200907_202534.jpg
5c4c870c507be5e2adb9b8fc03254b2e.jpg
V_portrait.jpg

R4M16cR.jpg

Asmus' V's decisive problem is that it has a coat fit and a facial expression and is not dwarfed.

Maybe it's because of the silicon body problem, but V feels a bit big.
Also, the neck looks thick like a log.

In the meantime, the chronic problem of Asmus,
"tight clothes fit," adds to make him look muscular.

I think it's necessary to dwarf the body a little more,
and fix the fit of the clothes a little bigger.

DwLybeL.jpg

And Asmus, except Dante, has always made the faces of the characters expressionless.
V should not be.

His cynical and pretentious look should be well expressed.

Asmus' V's decisive problem is that it has a coat fit and a facial expression and is not dwarfed.

Maybe it's because of the silicon body problem, but V feels a bit big.
Also, the neck looks thick like a log.

In the meantime, the chronic problem of Asmus,
"tight clothes fit," adds to make him look muscular.

I think it's necessary to dwarf the body a little more,
and fix the fit of the clothes a little bigger.

And Asmus, except Dante, has always made the faces of the characters expressionless.
V should not be.

Good points. V is lanky but will they develop another new body just for him though? Also, the eyebrow shape needs to be changed. It is thicker near the center and and fades in a sharp angle to sides of the face.

Luisenigma1 said:
So his familiars will be sold separately? I'd imagine he would come with them in their Luxury edition. Overall though he looks good.
Yeah, I think that is what they mean by DLC, that they can be a separate add-on without a buying a figure too. Which is a good idea, as I imagine not everyone who wants to buy V will also want the familiars due to cost.

DwLybeL.jpg

V should not be.

Completely agree about the expression! It would be great to have his contemptious smirk. I was feeling rather hopeful after Dante's head sculpt that we would get less of a netural expression for V! It could still be changed, but given that this was a compliant about Nero's sculpt from very early on, I am not confident. Perhaps it's a licensor request?

There's an unofficial 3D printed V bust on etsy, that has a smirk: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/780140115/v-bust-devil-may-cry-5
I've messaged the seller about the possibility of printing it in 1/6, in resin rather than FDM method, so that I can cut the head off for this figure haha :p If I get a positive response, I'll let you know.

I wonder what they are using for the elbow joint.
It looks like seamless joints, but this looks too good. and this one even looks photoshopped..
V_Elbow.JPG

Went ahead and preordered him at Asmus site. They posted a video on Facebook that mentioned the figure will be worked on to change the things that people pointed out.

Got my Invoice for V from Asmus a few days ago I was planning on Canceling him but I probably will get him to add with Dante and Nero.

A really good looking figure, I've not played this game yet - but still oddly tempted.
If the financial situation wasn't looking so tight, I would pick him up now.
As it is, I have other figures I am prioritising and may pick this piece up over time.

Have they done the familiars "DLC" yet? I'd be tempted to get them to go with him, but maybe I've missed it?

Have they done the familiars "DLC" yet? I'd be tempted to get them to go with him, but maybe I've missed it?
They have been teased but still no word on preorders unless I myself missed it but I don't believe so.

The work on the arms look really nice. Too bad they didn't bother to rework the headsculpt otherwise I would have gotten it.

Nice how do you like V? Anything that they should have done better or is it all good.

Unlike Dante and Nero, V has a simple composition and shape,
so I don't think there's anything that could be a big problem.

The range of movement is pretty good except for the arms,
and the head looks pretty good in person.

It's a little sad that V's hair lacks volume,
but I'm trying to understand this problem because it's not just V's problem. :p

Back