Dam Toys - Godfather licensed 1:6 & 1/3 scale.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Dam toys have just announced they are doing a licensed godfather figure in both scales!

I'm super hyped to see what they offer an how well it's done.... super hyped!

FB_IMG_1598883486442.jpg
Damtoys已取得《教父》-教父維多柯里昂(馬龍白蘭度)1/6人偶、1/1&1/3雕像製作版權

Fans of The Godfather – Awesome News! Damtoys is thrilled to announce that we are licensed to produce Vito Corleone as portrayed by Marlon Brando – in 1/6 scale collectible figures, 1/3 and life-size premium collectible statue!
We are bringing to collectors an offer you can't refuse! Collectible figure and statue products of the classic character from the classic movie The Godfather – directed by the famous Francis Coppola; winner of the 45th Oscars for Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Adapted Screenplay; ranked no . 2 by the American Film Institute in 100 Years… 100 Movies 2017.

Fans of The Godfather, Stay Tuned!

Yawn. They maaaaaaay have my attention if they hire YK Kim like they did with the terminator but after all these years I’ve yet to see anyone top the hot toys one

HT?s Don Vito is still one of my all time favorites, but I?ll keep an eye out for this.
I?m not too familiar with Dam Toys, though I?ve seen their military figures, which look very nice.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

They are just going to embarrass themselves by releasing what will no doubt be an inferior version of a figure that was released 12 years ago.
It?s a shame because as great as the Hot Toys version was it could benefit from a contemporary update.
But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Dam Toys will not be delivering an improvement...or even a figure that was on par with that one.
I would settle for a lesser version of Vito if it was part of a line that included other characters from the film that have not already been released in 1/6 scale...but who needs a B version of one of Hot Toys? all time best figures.

They are just going to embarrass themselves by releasing what will no doubt be an inferior version of a figure that was released 12 years ago.
It?s a shame because as great as the Hot Toys version was it could benefit from a contemporary update.
But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Dam Toys will not be delivering an improvement...or even a figure that was on par with that one.
I would settle for a lesser version of Vito if it was part of a line that included other characters from the film that have not already been released in 1/6 scale...but who needs a B version of one of Hot Toys? all time best figures.

I fully agree with everything said here.

Even if they manage to land YK Kim again there’s a chance he won’t best the HT sculpt

So you guys have in hand experience with recent Dam Toys figured? They?re not very good?

So you guys have in hand experience with recent Dam Toys figured? They?re not very good?

It really depends on what you consider "good" honestly. I've had quite a few DAM/Virtual Toys figures that are very good. But The Godfather license brings with it even higher-end collectors with it, so their idea of "good" is very different from an average collector might consider good.

I've liked pretty much all their Assassin's Creed figures. They've gotten better with every release. They recently updated the sculpt for the AC2 Ezio which looks better than the HT figure IMO. If you've seen the Virtual Toys Revenger aka Punisher War Zone figures, they are also a sub of DAM or vise versa. One of them is owned by the other, I just forget which. Either way, they make good quality figures.

Their statues are even better. Google DAMtoys 1/4 T800, Warcraft and Optimus Prime. All look incredible.

Last edited:
My opinion is that DAM is getting better and better. Although they mostly stick with military figures, their tailoring and sculpts are great.
If they put their best people on this, it could be a real game changer. I’d love to see DAM take on movie licences and provide a bit of competition to HT.
I’m not saying they are in the same league. But they could be.

Yes. Dam toys quality has increased significantly over the years. I believe they will challenge, if not best the Hot Toys version...

I wanted the Hot Toys but the prices are too expensive.

Ended up buying a 3rd party recently. Should of been more patient.

I don't question Dam Toys' quality at all after owning 2 VTS figures.
The only issue I have with them is their lack of consistent communication (e.g. handling of Ezio and going quiet with RE2).

Back