The Fragrance Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Was going to bump a thread started by a bot, but thought an official thread would be better.

Let's talk fragrance. Colognes, perfumes, aftershaves, whatever helps you fight the smell of polystone and PVC. :lol

375x500.1834.jpg
375x500.21369.jpg

I've just gotten in some samples of Encre Noire and Encre Noire Sport after a friend piqued my interest with his research.

Definitely enjoying these. They're dark, mature, slightly somber scents that some have called downright depressing (likely because they're simply not upbeat and loud). I actually find them quite calming. Good for winding down or creating some warmth on a gray day.

- EN has a piney, earthy warmth with a slightly smoky musk underneath. Thoughts of church candles and low light come to mind.

- EN Sport is like the original, but a bit fresher and fruitier. Not as churchy, yet similarly calming. I'd say it's a little more versatile, but both share the same DNA.

I haven't smelled very many dark '80s scents (besides Drakkar Noir), but it's been said Encre Noire is like a modern take on that vibe. Not sure I'd recommend a blind buy if you're not into earthy, musky fragrances -- or if you're looking for a compliment magnet -- but they're worth sampling at least.

Spring flower by Creed - it?s gorgeous!

If you?re looking for darker scents - look into the creed men?s line - it?s so delicious!

I have people stop me in the street to ask what I?m wearing - intoxicating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back