Batfleck Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic!!! Always thought he would come back ever since they announced Mat Reeves Batman is not in the DCEU.

Excerpt:

The report of Affleck's return was confirmed by Vanity Fair, and it makes for a surprising return for the actor who was last seen in the poorly received Justice League. But he'll return for director Andy Muschietti's first superhero film, as he tackles the big-screen solo debut for the Scarlet Speedster in The Flash.

"His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong which is his masculinity?because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline ?but he's also very vulnerable," said Muschietti said. "He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance."

Muschietti added, "He's a very substantial part of the emotional impact of the movie. The interaction and relationship between Barry and Affleck's Wayne will bring an emotional level that we haven't seen before. It's Barry's movie, it's Barry's story, but their characters are more related than we think. They both lost their mothers to murder, and that's one of the emotional vessels of the movie. That's where the Affleck Batman kicks in."

So I guess Barry's mom was named Martha too. This stuff writes itself. :lol

Well, once they said Keaton was coming back, it made sense that Affleck would also reprise his role. I wonder if they'll get Pattinson as well.
At any rate, this sounds very interesting. Ezra's sort of goofy Flash (although who knows how his portrayal goes in Snyder's version of JL) in such a complex movie, with two pretty "dark" portrayals of Batman could make for a very interesting movie...

Well, once they said Keaton was coming back, it made sense that Affleck would also reprise his role. I wonder if they'll get Pattinson as well.
At any rate, this sounds very interesting. Ezra's sort of goofy Flash (although who knows how his portrayal goes in Snyder's version of JL) in such a complex movie, with two pretty "dark" portrayals of Batman could make for a very interesting movie...

Yeah I think it's fair to write off all we know about Ezra's Flash, as his character in Josstice League was terrible. The first couple of lines I thought a). extremely goofy and b). they are literally trying to rip off Spiderman with the "hilarious" young Superhero lines.

But this is great news. Really opens it up now. Potentially doing that stand alone film which apparently had such a great script. Also the finalisation of the Justice League arc which Zach started.

For me the best line in the article was this.

?I think it was more about a difficult time in his life. When we approached him, he?s now in a very different time in his life. He was very open to it, which was a bit of a surprise to us. It was a question mark.?

Also the bit about him not having to carry the whole movie is a good way to ease back into it. Then keep going with his own stand alone movie and the JL as mentioned above.

Perfect way for it all to round out and finish the original Snyder vision !!!

I guess we can wait for the haters to turn up now. The best thing is this multiverse allows everyone to like what they want and it's all canon. DC are turning this all around very nicely !

This could be good news for Joost at Jazzinc - If the Batmobile is in the movie, maybe there will be enough changes to warrant a "Flash" upgrade kit along the lines of the JL kit. And no doubt people will be clamoring for him to make the Patmobile as well. :lol

There is never enough of the best live action Batman ever. Bring it on, Ben!

All we need now is a Hot Toys Knightmare Bats re-release (cause I missed the first one) and it'll be perfect !!

When I first heard that Ben Afleck was going to play Batman, I HATED the idea. Then I saw him in the role, and did a complete 180 - he has become my favorite on-screen Batman and, surprisingly, Bruce Wayne. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him as Batman!

That's why it's good to see how it'll play out first before hating on the actor. I wonder if they'll be a fan war between battison fans and affleck fans? That's if pat bat is a hit of course.

Yes! Best Batman, just not given the best material. I would still love to see a Batfleck film with Deathstroke. Might not have been done on film, but there has been two Flash for a while now. The more badass Batman, the better!

I wonder if Bale will join this multiverse project.

I have to admit that an action scene with the 89/Tumbler/BvS car would be insane.

I don?t think Affleck would come back for just a cameo I bet he will have a pretty significant role.

THAT BEING SAID, who is leading this vision.

Don?t tell me Affleck is also directing it.

That would be pretty damn AWESOME if so imagine that!

Poor Pattinson lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great and I think very possible Bale will return at some point...heck he is playing a Marvel villian...so why not?? LOL I can even see Nolan returning one more time...anything is possible

I wonder if Bale will join this multiverse project.

I have to admit that an action scene with the 89/Tumbler/BvS car would be insane.

I don?t think Affleck would come back for just a cameo I bet he will have a pretty significant role.

THAT BEING SAID, who is leading this vision.

Don?t tell me Affleck is also directing it.

That would be pretty damn AWESOME if so imagine that!

Poor Pattinson lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The director is Andy Muschietti, whoever that is....

Back