DC Collectibles shutting down

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhf

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really liked a lot of the figures by DC Direct/DC Collectibles. They were one of the first brands of figures I was collecting as an adult before moving onto Hot Toys. Shame to see them go.

It really is a shame. I personally like the artistic quality of a figure above articulation. So they always caught my eye.

Really is a shame. They are a huge toy company, kind of hard to imagine them closing down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horrible news...:(!

I am wondering what will happen with the statues which are on preorderes. I am very sad to see them go. I have lots of things from them.

Does this mean the licenses they had like 6” BTAS will now be freed up for other companies to take?

Does this mean the licenses they had like 6” BTAS will now be freed up for other companies to take?

Mcfarlane are doing a superb job with their current lineup. I hope they are able to salvage the molds or hire staffs that have been layoff for their DC lines.

Mcfarlane are doing a superb job with their current lineup.

giphy.gif

In all the time since BvS came out, not a single company has done a proper Batfleck.

DCD's prototype looked like it would be the one.

DCC Batman.jpg

Then they canceled it for no reason.

Well, I liked a lot of DCD products over the years. The best one they ever made just happened to come out last Christmas; the Frank Miller Dark Knight statue.

Batman Statue unpaid (preordered through amazon america - 2020).jpg

Wonder what will happen to Black and White, their most successful line....did the McFarlane piece make it to production?

I wanted the Man of Steel and BvS figures.

That's fine, but it's the same issue folks on here have been complaining about with the lack of DCEU product from Hot Toys and other companies. If merchandisers are wary of committing to DC movies now, that's the fault of said movies.

That's fine, but it's the same issue folks on here have been complaining about with the lack of DCEU product from Hot Toys and other companies. If merchandisers are wary of committing to DC movies now, that's the fault of said movies.

They're not on the same level as the misfire ST that's for sure.

They're not on the same level as the misfire ST that's for sure.

That's debatable. And even if it weren't, that's sorta the point and why merchandisers are increasingly shifting their focus to stuff like The Mandalorian and Clone Wars rather than the ST.

When the DC brand is more consistently successful, toy companies will have more incentive to do deep dives. Like I said, it's not rocket science why DCC decided Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor figs probably weren't gonna be the money spinners they might've seemed on paper.:lol

This could be a good or bad thing for Mcfarlane’s line.

Good: he will become the chief supplier of the DC universe in action figures to the mass market

Bad: there might be additional pressure from vendors to speed up his production of his Product line that he might overlook other projects like his Kickstarters for example :horror

I wonder if the BTAS line will be dead or will they want McFarlane to continue it

That's debatable. And even if it weren't, that's sorta the point and why merchandisers are increasingly shifting their focus to stuff like The Mandalorian and Clone Wars rather than the ST.

When the DC brand is more consistently successful, toy companies will have more incentive to do deep dives. Like I said, it's not rocket science why DCC decided Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor figs probably weren't gonna be the money spinners they might've seemed on paper.:lol

It?s not debatable. No one is buying ST figures and DC still sells aside from some of the movies. Aquaman hit a billion and WW84 would of been a hit if it released. We are just in a dark time now

That?s a real shame. I?ve had so many DCD/DCC products in my time of collecting and was looking forward to a WW84 1/6 statue to go with my other movie line DCC statues. I guess since ppl are liking the McFarlane stuff (I honestly feel they look cheap and hate their choice for how they cut the joints for articulation), maybe ppl are buying less of the DCD figures.

It's the fault of the films if nobody wanted to buy Lex Luthor and El Diablo figures.

It?s not like they actually release those and no one bought them though and became shelf warmers. They only released BvS Superman and Armored Batman. They were unfortunately competing with Mafex and Mezco (maybe SH Figurarts but can?t remember) to which ppl already had faith in those other companies per previous figures releases. This new line had something to live up to and unfortunately didn?t cut the mustard especially when it was rather quickly revealed that they were ending the line before it barely started.

Last edited:
Back