Why are XM studio statues such a hassle to get ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack00

Super Freak
Reaction score
Or am I the only one ?
My LCS can't get them because of some barriers in the ordering process or something XD

XM doesn't have a license from Marvel to sell in the U.S. or North America. Sideshow has the entire North American market on lock down. They paid Marvel extra money for the exclusive right to be the only company that can sell 1/4 scale statues in North America. XM is limited to a specific region of Asia/Europe. Therefore, you have to find a contact in Singapore to get XM merch to the West.

Or am I the only one ?
My LCS can't get them because of some barriers in the ordering process or something XD

People actually order pieces through LCS? I thought that was usually the more expensive route to go?

But there are plenty of websites around where you can order XM pieces, all you have to do is look. Just know the shipping cost is a pain.

I like how that is sort of XM’s motto. It says on there website, hard to get pieces is what makes them so special. Or something like that, not sure of the exact wording.
They obviously know they are limited due to licensing issues. I haven’t had any issues buying through resellers. Postage is a killer though so shop around.

People actually order pieces through LCS? I thought that was usually the more expensive route to go?

But there are plenty of websites around where you can order XM pieces, all you have to do is look. Just know the shipping cost is a pain.

Yeah I would suspect shipping rate to be super expensive...
So you're saying that you have to go through a third party to order them, even if you go on the xm studios web site ?
Any chance in the future of them being able to sell in the americas ?

So you're saying that you have to go through a third party to order them, even if you go on the xm studios web site ?

You can't order 1/4 Marvel statues off their website. They don't have a license to sell them in North America. You'll have to find a reseller or look at a few places on the internet that sells them like Spec Fiction. As people here are warning you...shipping is a killer when it comes to acquiring XM statues. I have the Transformation HULK on PO and just received the shipping invoice. It was $785 SGD. That came out to about $573 USD.

The only way that would ever happen is if Sideshow ever went out of business, as they have quite the stranglehold on various licences, and not just in North America.

You can't order 1/4 Marvel statues off their website. They don't have a license to sell them in North America. You'll have to find a reseller or look at a few places on the internet that sells them like Spec Fiction. As people here are warning you...shipping is a killer when it comes to acquiring XM statues. I have the Transformation HULK on PO and just received the shipping invoice. It was $785 SGD. That came out to about $573 USD.

Holy hell that's the price of another statue XD

The only way that would ever happen is if Sideshow ever went out of business, as they have quite the stranglehold on various licences, and not just in North America.

I really hate SS nowadays, this is one more reason to hate them even more...
I guess I understand SS not wanting XM studio on their shores, XM's statues smokes any SS statues XD

Holy hell that's the price of another statue XD

Yes, that's the main reason I don’t order many XM statues. I've only ordered the original Magneto on throne and their first Thanos. Both were around $900 shipped. I've been in desperate need of a 1/4 classic HULK statue and didn't like any of the ones that have been released over the years....until I saw this Transformation HULK. As soon as I saw it, I knew I'd be adding it to my collection. It did cost me a pretty penny though.

Yes, that's the main reason I don’t order many XM statues. I've only ordered the original Magneto on throne and their first Thanos. Both were around $900 shipped. I've been in desperate need of a 1/4 classic HULK statue and didn't like any of the ones that have been released over the years....until I saw this Transformation HULK. As soon as I saw it, I knew I'd be adding it to my collection. It did cost me a pretty penny though.

Yeah I feel you for Hulk statues man. Hulk is my favorite super hero and the only statue I thought was worth getting was the green scar vs silver savage diorama. All the other ones doesn't get the face right imo XD

Yeah I feel you for Hulk statues man. Hulk is my favorite super hero and the only statue I thought was worth getting was the green scar vs silver savage diorama. All the other ones doesn't get the face right imo XD

Yup, I always hated the portraits in particular on previous 1/4 HULK statues. The Transformation HULK was the first 1/4 scale HULK portrait I loved.

Transformation hulk already paid itself. Selling for good money now.

I honestly don't know what it's selling for but I do know I can't wait to get him. The count down is on for me. He's shipping out on Aug 16th. I'd have him already but I'm on vacation and not in the country. So my guy delayed shipping until I returned. Now I've got something to look forward to when I get back.

Transformation hulk already paid itself. Selling for good money now.

Only if you cash in, tho.

You don't see the return unless you sell your Transformation Hulk. That's my predicament ...I get a piece cause I love it ...and then it's sell price grows because of demand ...but I don't want to sell it because I love it too much.

Sideshow being a monopoly in the US is terrible. Hate it.

If you want XM in the US, contact Todd at Spec Fiction.

Yup, with Spec Fiction here ...the only hassle now is the shipping cost. Good lord it cost lots just to ship.

Back