Rank the Matrix trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rank the Matrix trilogy

• Matrix > Reloaded > Revolutions

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Matrix > Revolutions > Reloaded

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Reloaded > Matrix > Revolutions

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Reloaded > Revolutions > Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revolutions > Reloaded > Matrix

• Revolutions > Matrix > Reloaded

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Matrix is my third favourite franchise after Star Wars and Trek.

As we await the (delayed) release of the fourth instalment, let's rate the original sequels (that were about as divisive as the Star Wars prequels!)

I put Reloaded first, for its exposition and expansion on the concepts we saw in the first one. Then the original, then Revolutions (though the final confrontation with Smith was badass).

I liked the movies in the order that they were released. The first one is such a classic for me. I didn't see any trailers when the movie came out so had no idea what the story was about. I will never forget when Neo wakes up in the real world. The other two had great moments for me but the original is damn near perfect.

Yes, I think yours will be the majority view. The original was truly groundbreaking.

I'll admit the second wasn't as strong a film, even though I preferred its cool concepts.

I have what may be considered a controversial take on the franchise...Reloaded is significantly the strongest in the series to me...I consider it to be akin to going from ANH to ESB in the Star Wars franchise.
Revolutions is easily second...with the original solidly in third place.
I appreciate that without the original we obviously would not have the other two but I consider the sequels to be far more fulfilling.

I liked the movies in the order that they were released. The first one is such a classic for me. I didn't see any trailers when the movie came out so had no idea what the story was about. I will never forget when Neo wakes up in the real world. The other two had great moments for me but the original is damn near perfect.

Same, order released.

I enjoy the sequels though, very entertaining. And I guess I wasn't that fussed about how it ended so wasn't as let down as others were by Revolutions.

They were all entertaining for sure. You could see how they learned to improve ideas and effects from one movie to the next.

I have what may be considered a controversial take on the franchise...Reloaded is significantly the strongest in the series to me...I consider it to be akin to going from ANH to ESB in the Star Wars franchise.
Revolutions is easily second...with the original solidly in third place.
I appreciate that without the original we obviously would not have the other two but I consider the sequels to be far more fulfilling.

Wow, an even more radical view than mine! Please vote to that effect.

Matrix
Revolutions
Reloaded

But really, Revolutions is meant to be Reloaded Pt. 2 so it feels odd to rank them separately.

Never understood why they made two sequels, except for money. First one was self sufficient, the others are so bad they just don?t exist. If you?ve watched them and liked them, it means you clearly aren?t aware yet and still prisoner of the Matrix. These movies just don?t exist...

Never understood why they made two sequels, except for money. First one was self sufficient, the others are so bad they just don?t exist. If you?ve watched them and liked them, it means you clearly aren?t aware yet and still prisoner of the Matrix. These movies just don?t exist...

GHtFe6Z.gif

vyVHHw3.gif

WGUx7aP.jpg

:D

1,2,3. The first is a game changer. I love Reloaded too, the Agent fight, the Burly Brawl and the chateau fight are all amazing. God damn HT for not making Smith and a Reloaded Neo.

Back