Why has no one done Princess Mononoke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedi_Knight

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wonder why no one has picked up the license or done a 1/6 scale Princess Mononoke line.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Well, actually there are some made by Cominica in early 2000s as I recall
But they are also quite rare and expensive nowadays
For some reason, Ghibli don't tend to sell their licenses to other companies

1. The movies too successful thus expensive license.

2. Most fans probably aren't into the merchandise as apart from Totoro and a few most shows do not have much marketable side despite their success.

3. Western audiences aren't that familiar with many of Ghibli's show apart from a few popular ones.

But we can see 3rd parties started doing more Ghibli related statues.

The good news: Prime 1 announced they had the license to do Ghibli collectibles.

The bad news: That was back in March 2017.

Yes but Prime 1 does statues I want 1/6 figures

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Yes, it's sad, but I hope everything will be resolved and we will lay down to collect and enjoy

There have been some nausicaa figures from Bandai and sentinel so maybe one of them could do some mononoke figures down the line (hopefully)

There is 1 Momoko statue on preorder few months back. Non licensed but looks decent.

That would be amazing if they came out with it. But I feel like it would have to be like a remake to get new audiences to watch it. But how to remake greatness to that level!

Great question and one I've always wondered about. I've seen those outrageously priced (rare) statues but would prefer high end 1/6 scale articulated figures, for example.

I did a custom one.
IMG_3173.jpg
IMG_3163.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg
IMG_3167.jpg

Back