Statue Weta Cave Troll of Moria 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New reveal today, 24" tall 1/6 Troll and Moria Orcs.

Attachments

• 159553867767afd4781f87970c5aa54ba327daa5d8.jpg
    159553867767afd4781f87970c5aa54ba327daa5d8.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 327
I hope for the people that bought this it's everything it should be for the asking price, after the last Balrog I'm hesitant on large / pricey items like this from Weta.

Ironically fans are saying it's cheaper than they expected

They are, :lol

The new ringwraith "classic" I'll get, but things like this are just getting past what I think they're worth. Even the polystone hype monkey on my back is asking if scales and prices are for real now...

I do hope the people that ordered it like it though.

They are, :lol

The new ringwraith "classic" I'll get, but things like this are just getting past what I think they're worth. Even the polystone hype monkey on my back is asking if scales and prices are for real now...

I do hope the people that ordered it like it though.

Personally I'm happy with what I have from the original SSW line and what Weta have given us up to now. I'm also interested in the classic line as it's a way to upgrade some characters that need an update like Aragorn, and environments will also continue to be appealing, but I think the only other large piece I would be interested in would be the hobbits hiding under the tree from the Ringwraith. Treebeard was the cherry on top, and I'll obviously get Bilbo in his study as a lot of people will try to do I imagine. If I was rich and had the room, I would get everything, but I'm very happy with what I have.

Actually managed to place an order for one of these in the U.K.
It will take the crown for the most expensive collectible I’ve ever bought- costing double the previous record holder- but my 1:6 LOTR collection is a treasure and can be appreciated by my whole extended family so I couldn’t deny myself. There’s plenty of time to pay it off bit by bit- so long as I manage to stay employed that long-and, for the size and inclusion of two Moria Orcs which could be considered to add about 200 quid each, I’m content with the price. Only danger is that this will make me think I should get ahold of Treebeard somehow.

Actually managed to place an order for one of these in the U.K.
It will take the crown for the most expensive collectible I’ve ever bought- costing double the previous record holder- but my 1:6 LOTR collection is a treasure and can be appreciated by my whole extended family so I couldn’t deny myself. There’s plenty of time to pay it off bit by bit- so long as I manage to stay employed that long-and, for the size and inclusion of two Moria Orcs which could be considered to add about 200 quid each, I’m content with the price. Only danger is that this will make me think I should get ahold of Treebeard somehow.

You really should :wink1:

Got an email from Weta. This has arrived in their warehouse. Shipping to the US is $203.

Seems like a flat rate, everyone I have seen in the US is $203. Seems quite high, I wonder how much they are making on that. I would be surprised if it was more than half that. They are known for high ship costs though, so not totally unexpected.

Still waiting on this to ship, but Weta's website says that their US warehouse will start processing orders again (sounds like they've been closed all April) starting today. So hopefully this will ship out next week!

Still waiting on this to ship, but Weta's website says that their US warehouse will start processing orders again (sounds like they've been closed all April) starting today. So hopefully this will ship out next week!

About time, I got charged almost a month ago for this and Thranduil

Cave Troll in the house! This guy is awesome! I'm not sure about the goblin on his back, but it seems a shame to leave him off. But the thing that got me, the thing that I was not expecting, was that the cave troll was made, um, anatomically correct? That's going a bit overboard, in my opinion!

Attachments

• 20210512_202148.jpg
    20210512_202148.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
Back