Statue Sideshow Superman Chris Reeve PF 1/4 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
pretty cool

Attachments

• supess.jpg
    supess.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Re: Sideshow Superman Chris Reeve PF ???

Looks to be. The Reeve portrait would have to be absolutely perfect to get me to buy though.

If it is a PF then I hope it has a good stand. It looks boring if that's what it ends up being, just a museum pose. If they are to do this as a PF, it should be as dynamic as their last/current Supes with brainiac base.

If it is a PF I hope they really try to redeem themselves here not only in the sculpt, but in suit as well. I hope its a fabric suit again but this time with better materials and tailoring with a proper sewn-in shield unlike what they did before.

If it is a PF then I hope it has a good stand. It looks boring if that's what it ends up being, just a museum pose. If they are to do this as a PF, it should be as dynamic as their last/current Supes with brainiac base.

Considering they tried a dynamic pose with the last one it it was terrible pose that Reeve never did in the movie, I think it's much better in the museum pose. not to mention, Reeve didn't do any poses like the previous Rebirth PF so no reason for the PF to try another made up pose. Reeve was more heroic in his standing "museum" type poses.

Cavill, on the other hand would warrant a dynamic pose considering how much fightinf he does in the movies.

If it's Reeve, I would be perfectly fine with a generic, flat black stand for a base- as long as they knocked the portrait and attitude out of the park.

In fact, I would prefer a basic black generic base to just about any of the other overused, kitschy concepts these companies always push out for this character.

If it is a PF I hope they really try to redeem themselves here not only in the sculpt, but in suit as well. I hope its a fabric suit again but this time with better materials and tailoring with a proper sewn-in shield unlike what they did before.

Considering they tried a dynamic pose with the last one it it was terrible pose that Reeve never did in the movie, I think it's much better in the museum pose. not to mention, Reeve didn't do any poses like the previous Rebirth PF so no reason for the PF to try another made up pose. Reeve was more heroic in his standing "museum" type poses.

Cavill, on the other hand would warrant a dynamic pose considering how much fightinf he does in the movies.

I'm fine actually with a museum pose overall, but I'm so used to PFs having great display bases that this would clearly stand out as not having any at all. I just think it would look weird and would be an odd decision considering some of their current figures' bases.

Considering they tried a dynamic pose with the last one it it was terrible pose that Reeve never did in the movie

That was a terrible pose, indeed. Sideshow at its most ridiculous.

I like the look of it, but not for a PF. It's too boring and looks like what their 1/6 figures should be. I don't like mixed media either. I've let it go on capes only, but don't like it for the costume.

If they had to go with the S shield base, at least they went with the Bob Peak chromed design from the movie's key art.

I'm perfectly satisfied with basing it off one of the main PR photos from the first film, and not some dynamic take on a specific scene.
They couldn't pull that off the last time, so best just keep it simple for a revisit.

Not completely sold on this one in terms of portrait. Will need to see some photos under better lighting- but I'm more interested than not.

I definitely would like to see clearer pics from different angles but so far It looks good IMO. I'm curious to see how much he's gonna cost.
bc8d9e67b307bfac679c96826e463286.jpg

They are listing it as a PF, so I’m assuming 1:4 scale, which would put the figure at a little over 18”. From what I’m seeing it looks pretty good.

Need better lighting but so far I think he looks really good. Huge step up for SS in terms of getting the likeness of an actor. This is one costume where I really don't mind the mixed media. Some will say its boring and fair enough, museum poses aren't for everyone, but for me it's timeless and iconic. Very pleased.

I’m not even gonna lie: I feel like Arnie Kim has sort of just ruined literally anything Reeve related for me, at this point. I don’t even know if he still does work for hire stuff, but it’s just like “why bother, otherwise?”:lol

Back