Do you need to remove collectibles when tenting your house?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Lam

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So we have termites, and we need to tent our house. Do I need to remove collectibles? I'm talking mainly statues and Hot Toys. Thanks guys!

That sounds like a question for the exterminator. If they make you take out any of your clothes or dishes or anything, it’s probably not good for collectibles either.

I wouldn't like my collectibles to be exposed to poison. I would at the very least get large bags and pallet wrap and seal up all your display cabinets and shelves as well as you can if you have too much stuff to move.

That sounds like a question for the exterminator. If they make you take out any of your clothes or dishes or anything, it’s probably not good for collectibles either.

Yes, I would ask also. Pretty sure there isn't just one standard chemical so answers here might not apply to what your guys will use.

Thanks guys. After some research, we picked a guy that uses vikane gas. Apparently, you don't have to remove ANYTHING (although they say you are supposed to bag up food), and you don't have to wash anything after its done. It's supposed to leave no residue, and is supposed to be completely non reactive. Except for, you know, killing things.

My brother said he used this as well when he did his house and had no problems. Anyone else have any experience with this particular gas?

Thanks guys. After some research, we picked a guy that uses vikane gas. Apparently, you don't have to remove ANYTHING (although they say you are supposed to bag up food), and you don't have to wash anything after its done. It's supposed to leave no residue, and is supposed to be completely non reactive. Except for, you know, killing things.

My brother said he used this as well when he did his house and had no problems. Anyone else have any experience with this particular gas?

take out the fridge, plug it somewhere outside the house with cover. pots & pans, plates, utensils, food etc goes in a big box and outside the house. oven, stoves, microwaves etc goes out if they can, if not wrap them up with wrappers. wrap the head of the taps too.

mattress/pillows should be wrapped up with plastic and sheets washed once done. also any baby stuffs. clothes if you can put them in luggage or wash them after done you don't know if they can cause irritations.

Just wanted to let you know that everything went well! I have been slowly inspecting all my collectibles (Hot Toys, Sideshow statues, Prime 1 statues, costumes; runs the whole gamut), and so far, everything looks totally fine. Phew! Vikane gas.

Thanks for your help guys!

Back