ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
At moment we are working with Sideshow Toys, so it will be announced on 30th July based on their schedule.

There will be an exclusive version and a standard version.

Exclusive version will include

1). A little scene of Helm's Deep
2). A second head. The second head would be a same sculpt, but no battle wound.

The intention of the second head is obviously wanting to give the opportunity to the owner of our previous Aragorn, to update their figure.

Although, clothing, belt, hands and boots are all newly made. But I say the head is the one the would make the most difference.

The head IMP looks very good in person, I wish I could show you a photo to get some final opinions, may be I will take a early leap on 29th or something.

Really wish you guys from this board would love it, we really pull our hearts out this time.

Exclusive version will only be available at Sideshow and Asmus Online Store

007aa (1).jpg
l.jpg

I'm very eager to see this... I got the haired Aragorn head to replace the original head... so this might be my 3rd head for old Aragorn. :lol

I love the coloring on this new one better already, especially with the blood splatter!

Love that it?s battle damaged. That?s a nice surprise. Thanks for the update Asmus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Awesome!

The second head sculpt was a generous way of helping the collectors upgrade their older figure. Thank you!

(Could we possibly see the same thing happening with a new Gandalf the White?...)

Can’t wait! Preordering this bad boy day one since I have no Aragorn. I’m curious about the battle damage face. Didn’t realize Aragorn had much scratches or bruises from the battle on his face.

Can’t wait! Preordering this bad boy day one since I have no Aragorn. I’m curious about the battle damage face. Didn’t realize Aragorn had much scratches or bruises from the battle on his face.

My guess is that it'll be dirtied up and not really "battle damaged" with actual scratches. The head will probably have blood and/or dirt splattered on it similar to the hand we see in the pic. If I remember right, he has some blood running down the side of his face towards the end of the battle when they're riding out of the Keep.

Once Gamora comes out, I'll call it quits on Marvel stuff. I have only a few grail OT Star Wars figures left on my list. This line is getting better all the time. I have Frodo and Sam on my shelf and the Crown Gandalf on pre-order. If they add Helms Deep Legolas and Gimli to the line up, I think this will be the next major collection set for me.:hi5:

Glad there’s two heads and the figure looks exactly how I’d want a Helms Deep Aragorn. The dude was filthy during that battle! Guess I’m gonna have to just take the risk with customs and buy bf Ron Asmus all the time now.

That dio base isn’t screaming Helms Deep to me so much as big generic arch though. It doesn’t seem like it’s from a signature scene within the battle- maybe it’s that side door area he and Gimli use for the “Nobody tosses a dwarf” scene?
I think a section of the wall where they begin the battle with the peak of an Uruk ladder attachment, the stairs he climbs to reach Haldir, muddy ground covered in debris from after the wall is breached or an actual 12 inch slab of the wall from which could have a bit of rope and a podium on the inner side for Legolas to stand on to recreate where he pulls up Aragorn and Gimli would all better evoke the battle.

Any of those would be awesome for a future Helms Deep Legolas or Uruk Hais. Obviously note expecting any changes with this release- and definitely include a shield for Legolas to surf.

Back