Should the Skywalker Saga be rebooted with a nine-part plan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Skywalker Saga be rebooted with a nine-part plan?

• Yes, using most or all of Lucas' original nine-part plan

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Yes, using a new story arc written from scratch

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • No. Just No.

Votes: 54 87.1%
  • I just don't know anymore!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ironically the PT is the only SW trilogy that had a plan from the start and largely stuck to it.

Could the Skywalker Saga benefit from being remade with a nine-part plan from the start?

I voted no, probably for nostalgic reasons. All three trilogies have their flaws but on the whole I'm content with them.

My view of this is overly simplistic. From the start to me at least, Luke Skywalker was the hero who would bring down the empire. That did not happen so the series is dead to me and can never be salvaged. My view of GOTs is the same. Jon Snow was supposed to be the one who killed the Night King and ruled in the end. That did not happen so that series is dead as well. On to the next big thing to end in disappointment.

Maybe just let it go now and try to do something new.

(Yeah right.)

If pop culture stopped eating its own tail for a few years we might actually get some amazing stories on the big screen again.

(Yeah right.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't vote 'coz - partially.

Leave the PT and OT; re-film the ST with same cast and different script/director.

Which will never happen. So IMO they should just leave it and do what they are doing - offshoot series/films.

Just the last 3 should be retconned , yes the PT could have been done way better but maybe instead of retconning them just add a movie inbetween Atoc (since atoc failed so badly) and Sith showing anakins decent into darkness better. Use clone wars arcs if you have too. Then just get rid of the ST all together, call them a mirrorverse so people can enjoy them for what they are well made movies filmed in the star wars universe but that break all continuity in character and the force itself. Then hire MH back, throw gobs of money at HF to get him back, Get AD back, even Poe and Fin, just leave rey out of it cause she wouldn't exist if the ST never happened and Palps died when he was supposed to. In order for this to happen, KK needs to step down, and JF and DF get promoted in her place.

If they decide to keep Rey then well she makes the perfect sith, raised without love or anyone to care about her, she could easily be seduced by the darkside. Having Ben be seduced when he was raised with love and compassion is a horrible message to send society. Its as if they are telling us as parents you suck, you just ruin your kids. If they had just made her evil they had the perfect opportunity to parallel the Jedi's failure with Anakin and also send an even better message. Rey much like Anakin was stripped from the family she loved at young age then raised by uncaring monk type people, or in Rey's case it was even worse she was raised by despicable people. What is the commentary here that nurture means nothing, that we can treat our children like **** and they still become good people. This is not a good message to promote in my opinion or on the flip side you can shower you kid with love and kindness but they will still end up being serial killers

My view of this is overly simplistic. From the start to me at least, Luke Skywalker was the hero who would bring down the empire. That did not happen so the series is dead to me and can never be salvaged. My view of GOTs is the same. Jon Snow was supposed to be the one who killed the Night King and ruled in the end. That did not happen so that series is dead as well. On to the next big thing to end in disappointment.

But jon snow end being king in the true north

And about a mirrorverse Star Wars i guess you dont watched Rebels, the sequel saga is an alternate reality that Ezra save Ahsoka tano from Vader.
if Erza didnt save Ahsoka tano from Vader the future would be the first legends expanded universe.
This is not confirmed, its a theory of mine.

But this makes total sense, every movie that uses time travel goes this route, so you'll gonna remember me when this get confirmed in a few years.

But jon snow end being king in the true north

And about a mirrorverse Star Wars i guess you dont watched Rebels, the sequel saga is an alternate reality that Ezra save Ahsoka tano from Vader.
if Erza didnt save Ahsoka tano from Vader the future would be the first legends expanded universe.
This is not confirmed, its a theory of mine.

But this makes total sense, every movie that uses time travel goes this route, so you'll gonna remember me when this get confirmed in a few years.

Jack Ollie, son of Ric Ollie, has spoken.

Jack Ollie, son of Ric Ollie, has spoken.

Haha! Man that Ric Ollie action figure was a real subversion of expectations, who is this intriguing pilot character and what he will do in the movie ... er that?s a whole lot of nothing.

Jon Snow never wanted to be king and he even said that he was unsuited to be one (he was always too trusting and not cunning or ruthlessness enough or if you will, he was not enough of a b**tard). In the end he was able to find peace and led the people that chose and accepted him before he had a name north away from the politics of the south. Plus he got to hang with his bro Tormund and Ghost. A happy ending of sorts for Jon.

Now Star Wars should not be rebooted. Flesh out the PT and OT timelines with more movies and series but steer away from the ST because I don?t count those ones I selfishly don?t want to have to do any mental gymnastics if I like new ?content? set in that era hah.

ST will be rebooted because nothing from it sells. Disney bought Star Wars for the merch profits, not the movies profit.

ST will be rebooted because nothing from it sells. Disney bought Star Wars for the merch profits, not the movies profit.

Forget about expensive toys and statues, Zaavi cant even sell out of their limited edition force awakens exclusive 4k steelbook- its been like 5 days already. The longest any of the lucas movies lasted was 24 hours and that was Atoc. The ot movies sold out in hours, pissed me off i missed out on new hope and empire (my fault i procrastinated). I got lucky with jedi and sith but i had to get up at 5am my time do that (i past on the other pt movies although i sort of regret passing on phantom menace) but even sith sold out in a few hours lol. Just wait for last jedi that wont ever sell out, hell best buy cant even give away their exclusive steelbook of tlj lol. All those St steelbooks will sit there for a long time and those numbers will stick out like a sore thumb to disney. Its bad when they cant even sell the god damn movies- there are alot of movie collectors (esp for exclusive steelbooks) still out there esp when it comes to star wars. Id wager the next steelbook that will sell out fast wont even be part of the main skywalker saga it will be the offshoot rogue one

Obviously they bought the rights for both but with regard to merchandise I'm sure you're correct. I bet they regret focusing on making good films thinking that the toy sales would follow (it was George's philosophy for SW and ESB after all.) But now they'll probably aim to make more crappy PT/Bayformers/Fallen Kingdom type movies that make very little effort to be quality films and instead cram as many "toys" onto the screen as possible.

So if you get your prequelized ST reboot then great! You'll have your six hour toy commercial and I'll have Carrie Fisher and the rest of the cast turning in A+ performances for my own ST. Win/win. :rock

Obviously they bought the rights for both but with regard to merchandise I'm sure you're correct. I bet they regret focusing on making good films thinking that the toy sales would follow (it was George's philosophy for SW and ESB after all.) But now they'll probably aim to make more crappy PT/Bayformers/Fallen Kingdom type movies that make very little effort to be quality films and instead cram as many "toys" onto the screen as possible.

So if you get your prequelized ST reboot then great! You'll have your six hour toy commercial and I'll have Carrie Fisher and the rest of the cast turning in A+ performances for my own ST. Win/win. :rock

The PT toys sales really highlight the ST’a failure. If you look at the PT the same way, people hated these movies however i know a lot of people that dont like the PT but still bought hot toys anakin, obi wan, dooku, darth maul and PT Yoda (hand raised) which is literally all of them. I dont know anyone who didnt like TLJ but still bought proto luke, training rey or kylo ren (e.g all the figures). As much as i hate Atoc i still wanted to buy yoda and dooku, and ill probably even buy quigon jin even though i didnt like phantom menace all that much. This is one reason why i firmly believe that while people may have hated the PT's execution, they still liked the lore and characters seen in the movies. They mentally blame lucas for failing to execute the story properly but they do not blame the characters that represent the PT eg the Jedi council (mace, obi-wan, Yoda, Plo, etc). whereas the ST many people didnt like the lore. the Jedi or sith, or really anything about it, resulting in massive problems for Disney, which is indicative of the Issues they are having with ST toy sales. They simply did not create any characters that resonated profoundly enough with people so they gave a damn, especially if they thought the movie sucked like Atoc. There are no characters worthy of purchasing in their minds from the ST. As the ST series progressed toys sales got even worse overtime.

As i mentioned above zaavi cant even sell out of their limited edition TFA 4k steelbook (only 3200 copies world wide). The OT movies sold out in 2 hours max, and all of the PT movies besides ATOC sold out in 3 hours or less. Its pretty sad when they cant even sell 3200 copies of a very limited print 4k steelbook set, espeically when this is the first one ever released as a 4k steelbook of Force Awakens (the other two TLJ and TROS already had 4k steelbook released in the past). Its still in stock after 7 days which again is unheard of, to put things in perspective both goodfellas, and Psycho limited edition steelbooks sold out in 1 day, but force awakens, a star wars movie with a smaller edition size is still freakin around after what seems like an eternity for such a small ES. It they cant even sell 3200 steelbooks of TFA all these ST movies are going to sit for a long time esp since tlj is hated by many and both 8 and 9 already had steelbook releases. I am a bit shocked that there arent even 3200 st fans out there willing to buy such a limited force awakens Steelbook set. Hell i even bought one cause im crazy like that, and im not even an st fan, any enjoyment i got out of the st died with tfa. One thing we can infer from this is that even people who liked the st arent willing to drop any money on it- what does that tell us about how much they really liked it, especially if they arent even willing to buy the limited (Again 3200 worldwide) collectors edition of the movie itself let alone merchandise and toys lol

That fact toys haven't sold means the ST were not good movies. They do not resonate. You can keep living in lala land and parroting this same spiel, but deep down you know I am right.

The ST are not good Star Wars movies.

I cannot believe anybody would seriously say Carrie Fisher and the rest of the cast put in an A+ performance.

I cannot believe anybody would seriously say Carrie Fisher and the rest of the cast put in an A+ performance.

MH did but he complained about his character to RJ the whole time they were filming lol. MH did great playing a jaded green milk drinking hermit named jake skywalker from the world between world mirrorverse. Im sure he would have done even better playing the real luke skywalker.

As for carrie fisher, you could tell it had been a long time away from the camera and acting. It was awesome seeing her in a star wars movie again but her acting was pretty bad, i cringed through alot of her lines, the delivery was awkward and not very believable. Plus that smokers voice uhg- she was by far the worst lf the original 3.

Harrison seemed to phone it in a bit like he did in rotj, but he’s such a good actor he still pulled it off. He had a couple of really good scenes (the horrible death scene, the rebirth of ben skywalker, chewie were home, his talk with rey out front maz castle) so it wasnt a complete phone in. In all fariness to HF, his character was really only there to help pass the torch to the new guys, the only story line he got outside of bens/rens was that dumb falcon romp featuring those huge ****ing creatures where rey ends up having to shut doors -and of course she just magically knows how to operate them on the first try.

MH did but he complained about his character to RJ the whole time they were filming lol. MH did great playing a jaded green milk drinking hermit named jake skywalker from the world between mirrorverse

But Carrie Fisher? No. It's like saying Jake Lloyd deserves an Oscar.

Back