1/6 Salacious B. Crumb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Salacious B. Crumb?

• Total voters

JCFETT

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I finally unboxed my Jabba... and I want to know which Salacious has the most Salaciousness!

I think both do a decent job. The new version obviously more delicate. (My new Salacious arrived with an ear broken as it did for many others).

But being delicate aside, which Salacious deserves the throne?

They both look pretty good, the only thing that really stands out to me on the new one is the paint apps appear to have more details, the shininess of the face, the elongated legs, the softness of the mouth not being painted enough? These things strike me the most.

I don't know which I like yet, but maybe you can help me make up my mind!

dsc_0054.jpg

Original looks more like a puppet (as it should) and appears to have more detail, better mold, and better paint job. V1 all the way, in my opinion.

Original looks more like a puppet (as it should) and appears to have more detail, better mold, and better paint job. V1 all the way, in my opinion.

the softness of the V2 mouth really is what holds it back for me.... but I keep being drawn to the paint textures of the V2 on the body, as it makes it feel like more than just a single pass, giving him a little more texture of life. I'm definitely back and forth.

The new one is a more screen accurate sculpt (and pose too) than the V.1 but the arms are weirdly thick and the lack of real fur was really unforgivable at the Jabba pricepoint, especially given there was a SSC V.1. I also love how durable the V.1 Crumb is, versus the super-fragile V.2 - truly bizarre how easily broken the V.2 ears are, almost like it was a manufacturing error in the mix of plastic.

When I replaced my Jabba I decided to do a reboot on the V.1 Crumb and use him as a "hero display" figure with other figures rather than as part of a throne display.

N48WHsR.jpg

Definitely prefer V1. I prefer the detail and the material, rather than the shiny, smooth V2.

I put the V1 with Jabba 2.0 and the V2 with Jabba 1.0.

The new one is a more screen accurate sculpt (and pose too) than the V.1 but the arms are weirdly thick and the lack of real fur was really unforgivable at the Jabba pricepoint, especially given there was a SSC V.1. I also love how durable the V.1 Crumb is, versus the super-fragile V.2 - truly bizarre how easily broken the V.2 ears are, almost like it was a manufacturing error in the mix of plastic.

When I replaced my Jabba I decided to do a reboot on the V.1 Crumb and use him as a "hero display" figure with other figures rather than as part of a throne display.

N48WHsR.jpg

That looks great!

Tali, your custom fur Salacious is awesome! Seems like with all the modern figures incorporating more "fur" the Salacious got a complete remodel and a complete ball drop on this small yet extremely visually pleasing updated detail. Very cool!

So, I finally unboxed my Jabba... and I want to know which Salacious has the most Salaciousness!

I think both do a decent job. The new version obviously more delicate. (My new Salacious arrived with an ear broken as it did for many others).

But being delicate aside, which Salacious deserves the throne?

They both look pretty good, the only thing that really stands out to me on the new one is the paint apps appear to have more details, the shininess of the face, the elongated legs, the softness of the mouth not being painted enough? These things strike me the most.

I don't know which I like yet, but maybe you can help me make up my mind!

View attachment 489564

I prefer whichever one is on the left there.

I agree. For me the V1 is more of an accurate resemblance than the V2 The Sculpt on the V1 also looks much more detailed which is surprising considering the age gap between both versions.

Agreed, something about the shininess of the V2 washes out the detail, where the V1 matte seems to have more of a textured real feel, which actually goes better with the textures of Jabba. I don't recall Salacious being slimy or sweaty looking.

another thing no one has really mentioned, is the fur. At a quick glance the V1 fur can pass off as fur... but a quick glance at the V2 fur and it feels chunky and clunky, almost like fur made from playdough. The V1 seems to win there as well.

So judging by these photos the V2 is on the right? If that's the case that's terrible. It looks so bland and undetailed, especially in the ears. His mouth/head shape is so odd looking.

After getting my Jabba, I didn't even bother unboxing Salacious Crumb. I was too nervous about the ears and I wasn't fond of the look. I promptly got a V1 on eBay for $60 (plus the other creatures in the were a bonus).

I think the washed out lighting is making the V.2 look worse in that main pic, washing out the paint and making it look more shiny and soft-sculpt than it actually is.

As someone who stared at every ref pic of SC for days for my custom reboot, and who reshaped the V.1 head/neck/ears laboriously, I do think the V.2 head shape is much closer to screen accurate. The V.1's head is too thin and narrow and the ears too large, and the V.1's paint is the wrong brown. To me the V.1 always looked slightly off (and a bit too big - the V.2 overall feels smaller and more correct) and the V.2 "popped" more as accurate overall upon first seeing it.

iNHUUN6.jpg

Even the poses you can get with the various V.2 arms/legs feels more accurate SC to me. The V.1 also doesn't look like he's laughing, more just his mouth hanging open like Fozzie the bear, because SC turns his head and leans forward when he laughs.

Something always felt pretty off to me about the V.1 as it sat on my Jabba V.1 throne (and I actually bought two of the old SC creature sets,) even though it's still a nifty piece. The V.2 sitting on the throne now really clicks as SC to me - size, color, head shape, posture and pose.

That being said, the V.2 does have weirdly thick arms, the paint still isn't great (though it's a much more accurate palette, and looks better than the washed pic above) and not only didn't they do real fur (I mean seriously - how much extra work/cost could gluing on some fur be?) the V.1 has a better fur sculpt than the V.2.

Back