Marvel Unleashes Alien and Predator on the Avengers in David Finch Teasers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I always enjoyed the Darkhorse crossovers so I'll give this a try. :D

Thoughts?

Marvel Comics has announced that it has acquired the publishing rights to the Alien and Predator franchises. Dark Horse Comics previously published lines of Alien and Predator comics, but now Marvel will be the exclusive home of these adventures that will continue to expand on the feature films. With the announcement comes two teaser posters by artist David Finch, featuring Alien's "Big Chap" Xenomorph and a Predator leaving its mark on Avengers headquarters, and Iron Man in particular.

marvel-alien-david-finch-cover.jpg

marvel-predator-david-finch-cover.jpg

This is beyond cool. Fan-Fic come to life. I want to see the X-Men fight the aliens instead of the aliens knock-offs brood.

I think this is terrible news.
Dark Horse has given us some amazing stories by amazing writers and artists, I really doubt Marvel can give us the same level of quality.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Given Marvel's recent track record I wouldn't see this as good news to be honest. Then again they may surprise us.

The artwork is great, but that Alien is way too muscular. Where's Killian Plunkett when you need him?

Yeah, Plunkett draws great Aliens!
And the guy who started off Defiance, I liked his art as well.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I think this is terrible news.
Dark Horse has given us some amazing stories by amazing writers and artists, I really doubt Marvel can give us the same level of quality.

That was my exact thought when Marvel took back Star Wars. You may disagree but I feel I was proved wrong.

Well at least Disney isn't letting the property lie...I used to be a big Hot Toys Alien/Predator collector and will always be a fan. I always want to see the franchise do well but was a bit disappointed by Covenant and The Predator. I guess it might rest awhile cinematic-wise, though Ridley Scott claims he has more "Alien" stories to do after Covenant. Maybe he thinks he'll get big Disney bucks.

I guess Marvel is a good place to let the franchises "refresh" a bit...and it also gives Marvel talent something different besides superheroes (just like "Star Wars" gave their creative teams something different). Dark Horse did do well with the franchises, they were the first to do Alien vs. Predator and bring that to attention. They expanded on some of the mythos in their own ways and had some pretty solid stories.

So Dark Horse is dead?

Losing Star Wars was HUGE loss for them...after that I think all they had was Alien/Predator as their big licensed franchise. Now, they don't have much at all aside from some smaller, creator-driven comics and I think minor licenses like Stranger Things.

Well at least Disney isn't letting the property lie...I used to be a big Hot Toys Alien/Predator collector and will always be a fan. I always want to see the franchise do well but was a bit disappointed by Covenant and The Predator. I guess it might rest awhile cinematic-wise, though Ridley Scott claims he has more "Alien" stories to do after Covenant. Maybe he thinks he'll get big Disney bucks.

I guess Marvel is a good place to let the franchises "refresh" a bit...and it also gives Marvel talent something different besides superheroes (just like "Star Wars" gave their creative teams something different). Dark Horse did do well with the franchises, they were the first to do Alien vs. Predator and bring that to attention. They expanded on some of the mythos in their own ways and had some pretty solid stories.

Which was awesome back in the day. It was brand new and fresh and made fans hyped for more.

I know I couldn't get enough as a kid. :D

So, did anybody read the first issue of Alien?
I'm having a tough time with the art, it's so soulless... the only interesting bit is spotting which NECA or HT aliens the "artist" used for his illustrations. Story is predictable so far.

Back