Blitzway - 1/6 MIB International

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just announced on their Facebook. Really? The movie was a critical and financial bomb. Leaving out the main character just puts them in a bad light too. So many other possibilities.

mib.jpg

This one is certainly a mis-step, but that isn't surprising from Blitzway at this point. This is also the company that announced Cut Throat Island and School of Rock.

I would be surprised if these figures hit the light of day.

The only reason I can think of is that it was an easy license to acquire and the figures require minimal effort aside from the sculpts. Otherwise very odd choice.

Hell I would have hard time caring even about figures from the original MIB at this point. Can't imagine why they thought anyone would be interested in characters from a lame sequel.

Hell I would have hard time caring even about figures from the original MIB at this point. Can't imagine why they thought anyone would be interested in characters from a lame sequel.
I think Enterbay did the Agent J and Agent K a few years back or so. I wouldn’t have much interest either though. Never really was big into MIB.

How are they picking these licenses, are they throwing darts at a dartboard in the dark?

Not to mention the figures look fairly...terrible...they look like unlicensed figures...I can't believe this is coming from Blitzway.

I think Enterbay did the Agent J and Agent K a few years back or so. I wouldn?t have much interest either though. Never really was big into MIB.

There was a version from Dragon also, and I remember another one from Black toys too.

Even their more random choices like Basic Instinct at least had an infamous/iconic ?scene recreation? reason behind it existing, but these?.....a movie pretty much no one likes, bad reviews, bad box office, no cult status, no real status of any kind......this is probably their strangest choice yet.

Wile i didn’t care for the movie, and basically had it on the the background while working, I can’t believe Blitzway would release this without Tessa Thompson’s Agent M. I’m sure white males are part of their thinking, but one would assume that any fans of the movie would first want to own the leads at the very least to recreate scenes or the theatrical poster. How hard it is to do another black suit and order a run of AA female bodies? If I had had any interest in this set, this would have immediately killed it. While this is a left field license Blitzway should at least try to do it well.

Hard to believe this is the company that gave us The Ghostbusters. Blitzway is quickly making a mockery of themselves.

Blitzway has given up. It?s understood that Hot Toys are pretty much the alpha company but I always saw Blitzway as the heir apparent. Not anymore. The honor of being the company that Hot Toys needs to stay on their toes for now firmly goes to Asmus. Blitzway is just another third string 1/6 company...no offense to these companies but I will just lump them in nicely with ThreeZero and Star Ace.

Back