Need help deciding

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean Grey or Wolverine

• Total voters

godzilla2099

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Cyclops is my favorite X-Man and I managed to score the XM Studios Version. I'd like to display him next to another piece. Two Obvious Candidates but there can only be one. I saw pictures of both and I don't see a wrong decision but I'd like to know what you all think

Jean Grey

+ Iconic Couple
+ Yellow/Blue go good with Blue/Yellow
+ I like the Husband/Wife pair
+ I think she has more presence
+ Jean ties with P1 Huntress for Best Female Portrait ever made in my books

- Bases clash

Wolverine

+ Yellow/Blue go good with Blue/Yellow
+ Sentinel Bases match
+ I don't say this often, but I find this statue flawless
+ Best Duo in Comics. These two don't get along often, but when the do, this pair is practically unstoppable. Master Technician and Experienced Beserker.

a4a82010e98049ba5147ef0b29469a08.jpg

wolverine_marvel_gallery_5c4d0c4398309.jpg

Jean, no doubt. I have been seeing pics of both the XM Cyclops and Jean together and boy, do they go well side by side. Besides, sideshow probably has another 3 Wolverines lined up for next year.

You can't go wrong with either really, but since Wolverine is my favorite character, I'd vote for him. This is also one of the better sculpts out there imo as well.

I'd get both ...since both look great.

But since its one or the other ....I say Jean. Since you're trying to pair up with Cyclops.

I think this is the best wolverine to date. Yes there will be more but as good as this one? But Jean also looks great. Tough choice but if I had to make it, I'd get Wolverine.

There will always be more Wolverine statues, and considering he's a "solo" character so often, you can just pick one you'll like later and display it by itself. If you want a companion piece for Cyclops, then you should go with Jean.

I think this is the best wolverine to date. Yes there will be more but as good as this one? But Jean also looks great. Tough choice but if I had to make it, I'd get Wolverine.

I do too. I think its the best sculpt yet of Wolverine. The other Wolvie, Logan and Weapon X sculpts were good, too ...but this one just seems/feels perfect. Getting it was a definite for me.

Let us know what you decided, bro.

Thanks. Yeah, it is tough but I really like reading this feedback.

Regarding Wolverine, yes, he'll have many more statues to come, but this is the best sculpt of him. Hell, he's perfect in my eyes. You're not finding a better one in a long time and he matches great with this Cyclops. I like the texturing on his costume (my only critique on the XM Cyclops were the yellow shorts. Not needed in for a modern version of the costume), and I think the details on Wolverine are overall better.

With Jean, Cyclops Torso A is the winner but with Wolverine, both Torsos would work.

But Jean has this presence, she's more unique, and the more I look at her, the more this one is capturing my attention. I know Storm got the goddess title but Jean is working it. I also only have one female statue in my collection. As others said, since this is a companion piece for Cyclops, Jean is the best choice (and she also displays great next to him). And I keep saying this over and over, but that portrait is gorgeous.

I'm leaning more towards Jean but not certain yet.

Back