Question about Dusting 1/6 Clothing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdwardNashton1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi there. I have been out of the 1/6 game for a long time, but I do still keep some of the ones I bought that I like, but I don't really know how to care for them in the best way. I have a Hot Toys Joker that sat out for a long time untouched. Dusting the stand was fine, and to a degree even the head. But I don't really know how to get the dust off his jacket. I thought about using a lint roller but I feel like it might take off some of the fabric too. I don't want to ruin it in case I sell it later. Does anyone have any tips on dusting clothes?

I guess now that I think about it I'm curious about your methods for dusting the rest of the figure too.

Giottos Rocket Air Blower & Makeup Brush

Giottos Rocket Air Blower & Makeup Brush.jpg

Hello, New to collecting and just had a quick question if you have time. I purchased the new Venom Bust from Sideshow and it was extremely dusty when I received it. I used a very damp cloth to tray and remove the accumulation and the paint was pretty easy to remove. There was black on the washcloth. Is it normal for these bust paint jobs to be easily buffed off with a little pressure from a cloth? Thank you..

dusty is no problem, but sometimes there happens to be a thick oil residue on some of the figures and mild dishwasher added water is the best solution i reached. You keep the figure in the liquid for a while and then dry it thoroughly. It is also a good solution for pvc figures.

Back