RIP Joel Schumacher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Loved his films. Rest in peace.
IMG_20200622_190204_533.jpg

Falling Down is my favorite of his films. Good movie.

Same here. Great film. I know there has been a resentment toward him, in fandom, for years now, for his Batman films (although, I think Batman Forever gets unfairly lumped in with Batman and Robin). But to his credit, he didn?t try to pass the buck, he always took responsibility for his Batman films. It?s a bit unfortunate though that the reaction to his Batman films has, to some degree, overshadowed his other films. He had some great ones like Lost Boys, Flatliners, A Time to Kill, and Falling Down. R.I.P.

He directed a number of great films, some okay ones and a few bad. Lost Boys, Falling Down, are standouts for me. RIP.

Goodnight you flamingly homosexual prince.....you made some good ass movie before and after destroying Batman. The good by far outweighs the bad. Rest in peace.

Goodnight you flamingly homosexual prince.....you made some good ass movie before and after destroying Batman. The good by far outweighs the bad. Rest in peace.

I had no idea he was a flaming homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I always thought those were jokes because his Batman films were so homoerotic. :lol

I saw Kevin Smith give one of his awesome four hour talks back in the late 90s....and he had a little anecdote about Schumaker. As an aside he said "Schumaker....I love the guy, but just gotta say, gayer than a treeful of parrots."

Such a colorful simile, I remember it over 20 years later.

RIP Joel...

I never knew he did Lost Boys and Flatliners! Loved those movies.

I enjoyed "Batman Forever" and have GREAT memories of when that movie came out. My younger self had the action figures and everything!

Back