Ian Holm - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly, Ian Holmes has sailed on to the Undying Lands.

Hopefully a figure has been in the plans from Asmus. Have wanted his representation of the character for very long.

Last edited:
Re: Ian Holmes - Bilbo Baggins

Very sad to learn he passed this morning.

I would love to represent sir Ian as Bilbo in the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunately we have lots of great movies to remember him as an actor besides LotR, such as Time Bandits, Chariots of Fire, Brazil, Sweet Hereafter...RIP.

RIP Ian! He will not be forgotten in my household. He was a great Bilbo not to mention his other roles. Also if I remember my LOTR trivia correctly he was Frodo on the BBC audio version of LOTR way back before my time. I want to say it was in the 70s or something like that.

RIP Ian! He will not be forgotten in my household. He was a great Bilbo not to mention his other roles. Also if I remember my LOTR trivia correctly he was Frodo on the BBC audio version of LOTR way back before my time. I want to say it was in the 70s or something like that.

Yeah you?re right! That?s a fun fact. I looked it up - 1981.

I want to try find that now. Thanks!

Had to be the spelling police but since we are commemorating the great Ian Holm any way to change the title of the thread so that it has his last name spelled as ?Holm.?

Very sad news..he was great as Bilbo, one of my favourite characters. RIP :(

I would love an Ian Holm Bilbo figure in my collection. Make it so Asmus! :pray:

Very sad, was great in many roles. We seem to be losing many greats from the movies we love!
Even though this journey was expected eventually, it still comes around too soon!

it is a sad news...
Old Bilbo is in the list, but that so much ahead.
But for the respect performance of Mr. Holm, elder Bilbo is a must

PS: it was one of the best element to bring back Ian Holm in The Hobbit. No Legolas.

it is a sad news...
Old Bilbo is in the list, but that so much ahead.
But for the respect performance of Mr. Holm, elder Bilbo is a must

PS: it was one of the best element to bring back Ian Holm in The Hobbit. No Legolas.
This is wonderful to hear, I'm patience, I can wait for a quality old Bilbo (maybe with his desk [emoji6]). Agree that Ian in the Hobbit films made for lovely bookend to the series. Legolas should have only been a cameo, not a main part. He took to much screen time away from the Dwarves.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

This is wonderful to hear, I'm patience, I can wait for a quality old Bilbo (maybe with his desk [emoji6]). Agree that Ian in the Hobbit films made for lovely bookend to the series. Legolas should have only been a cameo, not a main part. He took to much screen time away from the Dwarves.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

:exactly: Way too much Legolas/elves in those films for my liking, still it was great to see Ian Holm back as old Bilbo in the Hobbit films...very happy to hear that he is on Asmus' 'to-do' list as well, I am sure they will do an excellent job when they do get round to making him. :)

Old bilbo was always my favorite too. Must buy for me. His portrayal is like the quintessential hobbit for me.

Back