Neck issues - feedback wanted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prydonian

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey, folks! I have a neck-related issue, and I?m looking for feedback.

I?m finishing up a custom head to offer. It?s a very slim character, and while I?ve been testing the range of motion I tried it out on a Hot Toys TrueType slim TTM09, and the neck is way too thick and bullish.

1.) Does anyone know if that?s a pretty normal-sized neck or if they?ve gotten slimmer in the years since this model was released?

2.) What would you do as a buyer if you bought a head that didn?t work with the neck you had? Ask the seller for a neck? Ask for a head with neck attached? Modify the neck you?ve got?

Thanks!

Do you have any pics to share to better showcase what you're describing? It's a little difficult to give a suggestion when we can't see what you're talking about. Like what do you mean that the head doesn't work with the neck you have? Are you sure the head isn't undersized vs the slim neck being too big? Did you buy the head and now see the it's too small for the build you're working on or are you trying to sell the head to someone else but realize it's too small for the neck your client has?

The Hot Toys slim bodies/necks are about as slim as they come at the moment from what I can remember without you sanding down the neck to make it slimmer to fit your needs. Normal body neck joints are thicker than that and muscle bodies have even thicker necks.

If the neck is really the problem, then I would suggest sanding down the slim neck to get it thinner, and paint it to match the skin tone of the head or simply sculpt a neck to the head you have from scratch.

Back