Thread for those who need a break from spending money like me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneangrymo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Well I just spent another 10k on hot toys and sideshow and all sorts of busts . I?m getting tired of spending . So I thought I would open this thread for those who need ?help? like
Me . Kind of like a aa meeting . Anyone want to say anything ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10K ? Holy ****
What do you do for a living?

I spend $300 and I am crying about it.

10K ? Holy ****

Believe me man I don?t have 10k but these damn busts and statues . 1k-3k each driving me nuts I?m going to loose everything and they keep coming out everyday with new stuff !

10K ? Holy ****

$10k isn't much if he is buying busts and statues. they easily cost $500 each for entry level ones.

Believe me man I don?t have 10k but these damn busts and statues . 1k-3k each driving me nuts I?m going to loose everything and they keep coming out everyday with new stuff !

easy way is do some soul searching, ask yourself if you really wanted this & that, spend more time to think about it, especially before bed time, if it bothers you much, than that means you don't really need them, unless they have potential value you may see them as some investment but statues takes up lots of space just to keep them in box.

easy way is do some soul searching, ask yourself if you really wanted this & that, spend more time to think about it, especially before bed time, if it bothers you much, than that means you don't really need them, unless they have potential value you may see them as some investment but statues takes up lots of space just to keep them in box.

The problem is when they say limited edition or sold out ! For example stupid me last night bought that life size queen thanos. I mean do I really need it no !

This is less enjoying collecting, and more of "enjoying" to spend money, maybe even to the brink of hoarding, and that is a different thing, and that could be quite a big problem. You need to truly find out what is going on in your life especially when you say, I quote: "Well I just spent another 10k on hot toys and sideshow and all sorts of busts ... Believe me man I don't have 10k... ". Perhaps you should try to talk to the loved ones, to the family members first, to see if there is missing something there. And after that you go further in finding out what is happening with your habit.

This is less enjoying collecting, and more of "enjoying" to spend money, maybe even to the brink of hoarding, and that is a different thing, and that could be quite a big problem. You need to truly find out what is going on in your life especially when you say, I quote: "Well I just spent another 10k on hot toys and sideshow and all sorts of busts ... Believe me man I don't have 10k... ". Perhaps you should try to talk to the loved ones, to the family members first, to see if there is missing something there. And after that you go further in finding out what is happening with your habit.

This is a good idea . I will talk to my wife . She doesn?t like any of this stuff anyways

I think the hardest thing about collecting is knowing when to say no. I try to pick things that if I needed to resale it I wouldn?t take much of a loss but this can be hard sometimes.

Have you considered selling some of your collection to help ease the pain on the wallet?

The problem is when they say limited edition or sold out ! For example stupid me last night bought that life size queen thanos. I mean do I really need it no !

Before they launch it, there's ample time for previews and time to think about it. I preorder all the time, but i usually think about it. it's not like Nike Quick Strike where you only have few days to decide.

The look of Thanos (and Hulk) never appealed to me. I rather have a predator (which i'm not fond of).

This is a good idea . I will talk to my wife . She doesn?t like any of this stuff anyways

i think the problem is bigger when your family member doesn't like them. can really spoil the fun when you know your wife doesn't like it everytime she looks at them at home.

We should all meet and have coffee and Doughnuts and discuss why we spend so much money on toys .. materials that we just look at . Just preordered Loki . Did I need him .. no . But he was there for preorder movie masterpiece series ... sigh ..

We should all meet and have coffee and Doughnuts and discuss why we spend so much money on toys .. materials that we just look at . Just preordered Loki . Did I need him .. no . But he was there for preorder movie masterpiece series ... sigh ..

if you have the financial powers, why not? if you don't like them, sell them off, or throw them in the bin. if it's an addiction you need to get your family and friends to help, or visit a psychiatrist, or a problem sharing session (for buying impulse)

Usually collectibles hold their value pretty well, so its not like money down the drain. My old man probably spent tens of thousands of pounds in his life on cigarettes & alcohol and what did he have to show for it, a knackered liver and a smokers cough.

The droid from Rogue One? That was an OK character but I'd say pass. Only the most iconic, time-tested characters if you absolutely must go life-size.

Next time a Pre-Order comes up don’t order it.

Instead deposit 5% of the PO amount into my paypal account.

Savings = 95%.

Sort of sounds like stealth bragging now...

Or you're just cripplingly depressed and finding an out by spending money you don't or do have on things you like but don't need. There's probably a deep underlying cause for it, probably worth seeking help from a psychiatrist or speaking to a friend about it who knows nothing about your collecting addiction.

Sometimes saying it out loud to someone who would laugh at buying even one overpriced statue or figure puts things into context for you or makes you realise where the real problems lay. I personally don't think your problem is the addiction of buying these things itself, sounds like it's a symptom of a more underlying depression to me.

You should definitely seek help, though. Because if this isn't a stealth brag you've identified yourself that it's a problem and things aren't adding up, you need to pin point the source, good luck with that and hope you can find a balance for everything.

go for it. an 1/1 full size statue is something rare and you can probably find someone that wants it to sell it to them or maybe some companies or event guys that need some decoration.

Back