Maybe rethink getting JL Flash and JL Aquaman?...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
I missed out on BvS and MoS Superman. So originally when I became interested in 1/6 figures I figured I'd just get JL Superman and leave it at that. But as we know that figure went into preorder status for the last two and a half years. BvS battled damaged armored Batman was available however. So I got that. Loved it. Then I figured alright, JL Superman will arrive eventually... Hmm. Why not assemble the DC trinity! So next I got JL Wonder Woman. Then I had to get JL Tac Suit Batman and JL Batman, because by then my appreciation for Batfleck had grown.

And as disappointed as I was with the theater release of JL, now we're getting ZSJL next year. Imo if ZSJL is a hit then I think release of Cyborg is back in play. I'm also expecting a Hot Toys special edition black suit ZSJL Superman. And maybe Green Lantern? Martian Manhunter?

Do I settle with what I have? Or just say **** it and just go 'all-in' :wink1: and build the Justice League now?

I have to say, JL Flash actually looks really good to me. That figure does look really cool.

I have more mixed feelings about JL Aquaman because of the separated thicker chest plate. And I wish his facial expression had a little more intensity to it. On the other hand, despite the chest plate I like the JL armor better than the Aquaman version.

Help me decide fellow DC 1/6 collector boyos!

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I forced myself to watch JL again last night, and found myself loving Ezra's quirky Flash more than ever. And even his costume has grown on me quite a bit.

Now that these figures can finally be associated again with Snyder's much more badass style and vision, they're suddenly starting to look a lot more appealing.

I have them because I wanted to display the team (WW v.1, Flash, Aquaman, BvS Batman, All the Supes so far...). Do what you want but I know that if I were to go back in time, I would only have gotten the triumvirate. Flash is plain ugly and possibly the worst interpretation of the Flash ever, Aquaman, I prefer the solo movie costume, but the figure itself is so weirdly proportioned.

The Snyder Cut announcement made me excited for DC again, that's why I've been trying to track down a BvS Batman. Being a DC fan doesn't seem as dire as it did a year ago. As of right now I just want the Trinity for a Justice League shelf, but maybe that will change next year.

The BvS Batman or Suicide Squad one (essentially the same figure) is definitely worth picking up because they are by far the best Batman figures HT has made. Now I'm not saying JL TS Bats and Reg Bats aren't great they are. It's just the BvS Batsuit was the better suit IMO. But if you get the JL figures I say go for it. The Aquaman solo film figure is good but it's your choice of preference.

I finally caved in for jl aquaman.I have the rest of the league but for some reason aquaman got skipped and I just never bothered until the Snyder cut announcement.

The Snyder Cut announcement made me excited for DC again, that's why I've been trying to track down a BvS Batman. Being a DC fan doesn't seem as dire as it did a year ago. As of right now I just want the Trinity for a Justice League shelf, but maybe that will change next year.

Unless you’re looking for the exclusive with the sniper rifle, I’d go with the Suicide Squad Batman. The color of his suit is slightly more accurate, he’s a bit beefier, and has a wired cape. It’s still based on the BvS suit since they reused it for SKWAD.

Unless you?re looking for the exclusive with the sniper rifle, I?d go with the Suicide Squad Batman. The color of his suit is slightly more accurate, he?s a bit beefier, and has a wired cape. It?s still based on the BvS suit since they reused it for SKWAD.
I'd get the SS version if it wasn't being listed for $600+.

Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter from a company that hasn't even made Shazam yet.

giphy.webp

I'm in the exact same boat. The upcoming release (finally) of the Snyder Cut is motivating me to pick up Aquaman and Flash since I already have the trinity.

If Cyborg was available it would be a no-brainer to pick these up since I'd want to complete the team.

Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter from a company that hasn't even made Shazam yet.

giphy.webp

It really depends on how popular ZSJL is and how far the story goes from there. Word is they'll be shooting at least 30 more minutes of footage. Snyder has a 5 hour assembly cut. It'll be edited first as a miniseries with cliffhanger endings. I'm going to guess at least six 42 minute chapters. If it's a hit (measured mainly by social media chatter, i.e., it trends strongly each week, and it drives up subscriptions for HBO Max) you can bet your ass the 5 film saga will get completed.

Back