Hot Toys Comic-con Reveals 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryPool

Super Freak
Reaction score
With Comic-con cancelled this year, has anyone heard anything in regards to what toy companies, Hot Toys particularly, are doing in place of this?

Typically they show a lot of upcoming and previously revealed pieces as well as new prototypes, which 95 percent never get made but are fun to look at nonetheless.

Would be a shame if there's nothing like that this year, it's a little bit like toy Christmas every time, much like the now cancelled E3, also.

With Comic-con cancelled this year, has anyone heard anything in regards to what toy companies, Hot Toys particularly, are doing in place of this?

Typically they show a lot of upcoming and previously revealed pieces as well as new prototypes, which 95 percent never get made but are fun to look at nonetheless.

Would be a shame if there's nothing like that this year, it's a little bit like toy Christmas every time, much like the now cancelled E3, also.

Haven't heard anything yet; I check a lot 'coz rabid to know if they'll do some Mando fig reveals like Cara Dune. Yeah, I like to look even if it's a slow year e.g. know am not gonna buy anything.

Who knows tho; maybe companies don't wanna do reveals because production/shipping is still chaotic. I just got another delay notice on a 1/10 Iron Studios Iron Man.:dunno

Yeah there's been a lot of delays. Wonder if that will affect anything. Typically, if Covid didn't happen, they're usually announce quite a lot of new things to fill up their upcoming schedule, as even with Covid a lot of previous announcements are due to be out this last half of the year, if there's a gap in new orders it'll affect them even more without any pre-orders to fill in those gaps.

I'm just wondering if these companies will just announce on their own sites any prototypes or upcoming pieces.

No one knows anything about what will happen. My guess is Hot Toys will have their own show and their own pics uploaded on Facebook.

They should do exactly what Nintendo does and have their own 'Hot Toys Direct' Make an hour long video presentation. They should get voice overs to translate everything into English. They could interview the sculptors, painters and costume designers about each new product. And then reveal all the new prototypes at the end.

They should do exactly what Nintendo does and have their own 'Hot Toys Direct' Make an hour long video presentation. They should get voice overs to translate everything into English. They could interview the sculptors, painters and costume designers about each new product. And then reveal all the new prototypes at the end.

This would be fantastic, would definitely give that a watch.

I feel like instead they'll probably just continue to announce things every other week instead of having one big show and tell.

Yeah they'll start the month with the exclusives. Now that SDCC is back on to an extent we should be getting some good stuff around the 22nd.

From Facebook:

Hot Toys is excited to announce Summer Showcase 2020!

Join us in our digital gatherings, to experience pop culture and celebrate fandom in a safe, inclusive virtual environment.

Highlights of our event include an online live session on July 20th with our partner Sideshow Collectibles, sharing our latest figures with up-close looks and details.

Watch pre-recorded virtual tour at Hot Toys on July 23rd that firstly unveils the masterfully crafted prototypes. Plus, recently debuted figures, collectibles, and more!

Keep up with all the Hot Toys Summer Showcase news incoming!

108019850_10157367974857344_523383546276640999_o.jpg

A few days ago, they also announced these:

107619990_10157363634657344_430989874866184196_n.jpg

Super excited for the showcase, guys...

Last edited:
I'm really excited also - mostly because I have the unwavering and probable naive hope that some DC 1/6 and 1/4 will be announced - 1/4 Batfleck, 1/6 Phoenix Joker etc. But all in all, these are exciting events each year and I always look forward to what is shown.

I was sarcastic about my excitement, but admittedly this would be cool. :lol

Apart from that, I'd just like to see some fresh licenses for a change. The Disney stuff is exhausting.

I can see that now hahaha. I'm prepared for disappointment, but this now holds the same level of excitement that E3 used to have to me even though the majority of that was disappointment year in year out.

It's always the hope of something new and amazing being there. But I'm really feeling it this year :p

Add The Matrix to that. With only one figure released it begs the question of why they even bothered. A license absolutely wasted on Hot Toys.

Add The Matrix to that. With only one figure released it begs the question of why they even bothered. A license absolutely wasted on Hot Toys.

Had I kept my Neo preorder, I wouldn't feel too miffed about the situation considering how many great third-party options we now have for Morpheus and Trinity. HT sparked the demand with their one release and other companies jumped in to fill it.

If only this happened with more properties.

Back