Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: VTS TOYS - Black Skull

PO for sure for me.
    Hidden Content
    My Youtube channel
    Hidden Content

I thought that the inner mask goes all the eyes, but I was wrong. In fact, the figure is perfect, we'l just need to paint the skin:

Super Freak
    Feedback
    41 (100%)
    this guy looks really fantastic and VTS does great work. I believe they're a subcompany of DAMToys which also produces great work. I'm looking at this from a parts perspective. I want the hands and double holsters w/ pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Gipetto0812 View Post
    this guy looks really fantastic and VTS does great work. I believe they're a subcompany of DAMToys which also produces great work. I'm looking at this from a parts perspective. I want the hands and double holsters w/ pistols
    VTS is Damtoys unlicensed company. Basically when they can't get a certain liecense, they use VTS to still make figure but under the 3rd party style which in this case you can say HT has the Arkham game rights but haven't made Black mask, so they are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipetto0812 View Post
    this guy looks really fantastic and VTS does great work. I believe they're a subcompany of DAMToys which also produces great work.
    It's the other way round.

In 2011 VTS renamed their 1/6 military product as DAM. They produced some film based military figures under the DAM brand for a while, but now use the VTS company name for their unlicensed figures.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPCOOLO 08-18-2011
    VTS 1/6 military product has officially renamed as DAM, and the item number has changed from VM006 to No.93001.
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...-dam-body.html

Naturally, it was a cause for confusion at the time. e.g.,

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonclaws
    I've seen company change gear, replace weapon... while they are taking preorder. But I've never seen any company change their own identity and logo in a middle of making the figure. I am really curious to find out why they do this. Did anyone try to contact VTS or the people in the know why they do this.

They've been so effective at hiding in plain sight that most people assume that VTS is an offshoot of DAM.

Incidentally, the DAMTOYS website now gives a 404 error, even though there's still a link to it on their Facebook page. The VTS Facebook has been silent for over a year as well.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Very nice. Been trying not to fall down the Batman villains rabbit hole, beyond Joker and Harley, but I might have to...
    I am not a post number. I am a free man!

Super Freak

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Where can this be, ordered? Not seeing it on any of the usual sites.

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    204 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Oh this is perfect! Exactly what I’ve been wanting for a while now! They even left out the pinstripes on the suit that I didn’t particularly care for!

I'm very much tempted by this, but it would mean that my Arkham collection will need to expand to more than one shelf which will have to displace something else. Expanding would give me the opportunity to use more of the lithos from the game strategy guides.