Statue Prime 1: LOTR - Lurtz 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
QQ8WzUw.jpg

chrome-2020-05-29-07-14-48.png

awesome! Finally getting a whole line of these! The funny thing is that this piece will probably be the cost of what the Lurtz PF goes for nowadays :lol

Prime 1 Studio is proud to announce the The Lord of the Rings (Film) Lurtz Statue ! This product will be available for Pre-Order in the future, Add this item in your Wishlist to receive new updates about this product.

202006marui_lurtz.jpg

Judging from those photos I think out of the two creatures shown sideshow's pfs are both better statues. I say that as someone who owns neither of them but has seen them both in person.

These look a little cartoony to me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mixed bag for me. I prefer Sideshow's Berserker as it holds up incredibly well and boasts a superior pose.

When it comes to Lurtz, the Sideshow version doesn't impress as much. The awkward lean and paint apps on the head rob it of its presence in 2020. Prime 1's products in general are much more overdone, but Lurtz's case this is a benefit.

Judging from those photos I think out of the two creatures shown sideshow's pfs are both better statues. I say that as someone who owns neither of them but has seen them both in person.

These look a little cartoony to me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have all the PFs and so far I am underwhelmed with the P1 stuff. I assumed they would blow the PFs away and make me sell them and get these, but I don't think they are better enough to justify that.

The only 1/4 scale statue I own is Sideshow?s Lurtz. Great piece, a bit large though since all my other pieces are in 1/6. How do you display it, what kind of display case would do the best? Detolf is a bit small :/

He's up for PO. $900 for the standard, $950 for the deluxe which includes switch-out hands holding a sword and shield.

pmlotr-06_a03.jpg

pmlotr-06ex_a08.jpg

pmlotr-06ex_a02.jpg

I think these Prime1 statues are taking the game up quite a few notches! Weta may have to start taking notice lol

I think these Prime1 statues are taking the game up quite a few notches! Weta may have to start taking notice lol

No chance! Weta created these characters, everything is inspired by them. Plus Weta don't do 1/4 scale. There is nothing wrong with the detail in Weta statues, and they sell out quickly these days.

No chance! Weta created these characters, everything is inspired by them. Plus Weta don't do 1/4 scale. There is nothing wrong with the detail in Weta statues, and they sell out quickly these days.

The fact that the "theatrical" division originally created them does not automatically translate to the "collectible" department, just means they have better access to source materials so they should be better than anyone else, but that isn't always the case. This P1 and the SS PF are better than any Weta Lurtz. Weta SHOULD do 1/4, or continue more 1/3 like their Master Collection Gollum. I would love some larger scale pieces. They have upped their game recently, I will give them that. Prior to a few years ago I didn't care to own anything other than environments or prop replicas, but not have quite a few of their newer pieces.

The fact that the "theatrical" division originally created them does not automatically translate to the "collectible" department, just means they have better access to source materials so they should be better than anyone else, but that isn't always the case. This P1 and the SS PF are better than any Weta Lurtz. Weta SHOULD do 1/4, or continue more 1/3 like their Master Collection Gollum. I would love some larger scale pieces. They have upped their game recently, I will give them that. Prior to a few years ago I didn't care to own anything other than environments or prop replicas, but not have quite a few of their newer pieces.

Actually yes, the same artists that worked on the creatures, prothestics, armour etc do the statues. That's why their tag line is 'made by the same artists who worked on the movies'. A lot of them are still there and sculpt the collectibles like Jamie Beswarick and Daniel Falconer, Dave Tremont... obviously the early collectibles were all done by the filmmakers as they sculpted them at the same time as making the films, thus being able to share their creations with the cast. They were sculpted by hand whereas today they can use 3D models, which is why they can get better likenesses now, but those old pieces still have a special charm and most of the likenesses were good, and the creature statues were the best.

Back