UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!! Thread Dedicated the Movie Monsters that started it ALL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rzeznikk

CELLAR FREAK
Reaction score
In your basement next to the Halloween decorations
Thought we needed a Universal Monsters thread where we can show off our monsters. Be it Mass produced or Customs!

Here is my retooled Sideshow Wolf Man I've working on.

Head, Hands and Feet are Sideshow
Shirt, Belly padding, Pants are Supermad Hunter D

Body is a Hot Toys

Added Hair to the head and hands

Base is a modified CooModels Werewolf base on a HT Dynamic Stand. IMG_20200528_002802_551.jpgIMG_20200528_002802_552.jpgZomboMeme 28052020011008.jpgZomboMeme 28052020011059.jpg20200528_093734.jpg20200528_093659.jpg20200528_093649.jpg20200528_093640.jpg20200528_093629.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Awesome upgrade!

I have most of the Sideshow Monster figures. Someday I plan to upgrade them and make a proper diorama to display them all.

Your Wolf Man is super-inspiring! The work you did on the hair really takes that sculpt to the next level.

-
Dennis

I had the pleasure to work on the Funko UM mystery mini's last year. I've also been able to work on some of the latest pops.
Out of all the stuff I've worked on, these mystery minis and Killer Klowns from outer space are my favorite projects.

Universal mystery minis.jpg

Thanks guys. I've had the SS ones forever and I just got tired of waiting for updated versions. I dont know if companies just have cold feet because they don't think they will sell or what?

But yeah planning to do Dracula and Frankenstein next.

Can't wait for Mondos Gillman!

Thanks guys. I've had the SS ones forever and I just got tired of waiting for updated versions. I dont know if companies just have cold feet because they don't think they will sell or what?

But yeah planning to do Dracula and Frankenstein next.

Can't wait for Mondos Gillman!

The Funko mini UM are adorable and your custom WOLFMAN is incredible. I wish someone would give the UMs this kind of love in 1/6 scale. Beautiful work!!

Rzeznikk...awesome kit-bash. You took that figure to a whole new place and it looks like you had a blast while doing it (which is the point of this hobby). Congratulations! But dude, now that you've taken it this far you've got to get rid of the join line on that tree trunk, it's way too distracting from the rest of your wonderful work. Can't wait to see what's next!

With the excitment at the possibility that Infinite Statue/Kaustic Plastik may release a Karloff Frankenstein at some point in the future, i re-worked my old Sideshow versions.
I know they look a little dated now. But the sculpts were some of the best work by SS, and with a re-paint and some weathering they can still look pretty decent:frank

DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0048.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG

I picked up a loose KP magnetic base from the Clouseau figure to use for my Frankenstein.

The stone effect is kinda similiar to the town street as seen in the movie, but i might replace it with something more accurate to the castle floor.
I added magnets to the boots and re-worked the name plate.

I think he displays better now with old Drac:frank

DSC_0352.JPG
DSC_0353.JPG

That looks absolutely great.
Looks complete, liking the posture.

Amazing how well the Sideshow sculpt still looks so great with all the continue progress for detail.
For me it is the best Boris sculpt in 1/6, Oluf really set the standard so long ago.

The SS son of Frankenstein version is good second favourite.

Back