Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Freaked Out!

Feedback
    Default Hot Toys Star Wars Aliens

This is something I've only just noticed, the lack of alien characters from this line. Not counting droids (still no C-3PO...criminal) & troopers (so many variants ), there are only a handful Chewie, Yoda, Maul, jawas. Will we ever get any of the Jedi aliens? Ackbar, Watto, Bossk, any of Jabbas rabble? What are your most sort after aliens? Surely HT could invest some dollar in r & d for aliens from all those rehashed trooper releases?

Personally would like Ackbar amd Watto

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Follow Bo Shrek On Twitter Visit Bo Shrek's Youtube Channel
    From the Cantina to Jabba's palace my attraction to SW was alway the aliens. However with $260 price tags on recent offerings I don't think I would want to spend $400 + Canadian on these figures. Price point would be to high for me to purchase.

Super Freak

Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Shrek View Post
    From the Cantina to Jabba's palace my attraction to SW was alway the aliens. However with $260 price tags on recent offerings I don't think I would want to spend $400 + Canadian on these figures. Price point would be to high for me to purchase.
    This.

Plus, no two people would be able to agree on which aliens would be worth HT spending time and resources on. Especially if, as is usual with HT, they only did around 2-4. I personally would like to see more Jabba’s palace rabble that haven’t already been done by Sideshow; but that’s unlikely to ever happen with HT.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    There are plenty that I'd love to see, but honestly, just give me Greedo, Bossk, Ackbar and Nien Nunb and I'd be pretty happy at this point.

Mind you, we can't even seem to get Lando or C-3PO, so...
    I am not a post number. I am a free man!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I agree. Hero prices on background characters is something many would not pay especially considering the 2020 price range - $270 USD for Jawa & Gonk!
    It would be great if Sideshow were to re-release or retool their past offerings but then comes the chance of floppy bodies. Also who knows what is going on with their 1/6 licensing . Although one character I think many would agree on would be a HT Greedo.
    Personally I would most likely purchase any of the unavailable aliens (or characters) on my WANTLIST - depending on how well they were done - considering trying to make a custom version can cost 2-3 times as much at times.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I?d love a new Bib Fortuna, a new ithorian, Ackbar, any of the cantina aliens, any of the other Jabba aliens... so any aliens really. Just want more aliens dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Matner77 View Post
    Personally would like Ackbar amd Watto
    So we know they'd sell at least ONE Watto!

Again, Sideshow should have just continued to focus on the Aliens, droids, environments and vehicles and left the human(oids) to Hot Toys. I have most of the SS aliens. While the paint jobs were lacking, for $100-$150 or so, they were great. Sure they'd command $200-$250 now (or more for the larger pieces), but the numbers just aren't big enough for HT. If SS isn't going to produce them, someone else really needs to fill that niche. Ackbar, Raddus, Nien Nunb, Watto, Neimoidians, Kaminoans, Gungans, Rancor & Keeper, Kulil, Female Tusken w/baby, Wampa, Bantha, Nexu, Acklay, Reek. Seriously, talk about leaving money on the table.
    Last edited by nexus; 05-26-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Honestly because anyone other than the guys you mentioned which they have done are tertiary characters that no one really needs. You forgot the Ewok also, Yeah I know there is a Gonk droid but it is more of an accessory than anything else. I'm nt saying that aliens are not a colorful and Essential part of SW and that there are not many I deem more secondary than tertiary and somewhat desirable like the main ESB bounty hunters, Akbar and even a tusken raider (maybe Greedo too)

but there are too many omitted CORE characters yet to be done like Han Bespin, Lando of any kind etc. before they will ever even think of doing randos like cantina band guys or Watto or whatever.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    They finally made a Jawa and GONK but the price is quite high. I don't think they will make more aliens. I want a Tusken Raider as I think they may have a chance. My most wanted is Two Tubes.
    POs: : Cody; Gandalf; ZhugeLiangDX; KyloRen; Mando; IG-11; HeavyMando; [Sith]JetTrooper; IncineratorStromtrooper; Bayek; Ezio; IronPatriot; BeskarMando; ScoutTrooperDX; IMmk85BD, HarleyQuinnCT, Rex, WonderWomanDX; Ashoka