Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
    It ain't the years honey
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Default Iconiq Studios / El1ev1en / Kai Studio: American Psycho: Patrick Bateman

I came across this on Instagram, apparently it was announced 2 weeks ago. Never heard of Iconiq Studios before, so it could be another Molecule 8 situation. It's going to be fully licensed and comes with two headsculpts.

Thoughts?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200526_140749.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	485980

I have the Iminime, but will be interested to see how this looks since it's from Eleven. I'd be happy to pick up another Patric Bateman especially if they threw in some new bells and whistles.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Its not from eleven specifically. Kai, who has been around forever but disappeared for a number of years has returned, greatly improved as a sculptor I might add, in an exclusive deal with Eleven to produce his heads. He's sculpting it so that's the connection there Iconiq is indeed something new so yes it's curious they got an official license.

The guy at M8 was a hustler, we don't know the story here. Likely it is not that as that was a quite specific situatioin, but someone from one of the bigger companies who left and has some connections.

It ain't the years honey
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Keyboard Warrior reviews on YouTube is also involved with this. They plan on making more unique characters in 1/6. No names yet, but they're working with Studiocanal and Pressman films. The latter could mean Gordon Gekko and Val Kilmer's Jim Morrison amongst others.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    The Crow might be in with a shot for a new figure, too.

The StudioCanal library is really deep these days, given their acquisition of Miramax and other studio titles in recent years, so who knows what might come out of that.
    I am not a post number. I am a free man!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The Crow might be in with a shot for a new figure, too.

The StudioCanal library is really deep these days, given their acquisition of Miramax and other studio titles in recent years, so who knows what might come out of that.
    I would LOVE a new Eric Draven. I never got the HT figure because I didn't like the expression.
    "I was forgotten here to rot, but I was saved. Remade, by the same hand that shapes your destiny even now."

No. Way. This is EXACTLY the type of stuff I want. Give me more movie and tv figures like this. I'm tired of all the current mainstream blockbuster stuff. If they've partnered with SC, there's even a 0.001% possibility of a Fassbender Macbeth! Hell, we could even get Corso from The Ninth Gate! Or the guys from Brotherhood Of The Wolf, who'd double as Bloodborne figures. Anyway, besides my overexcitement, this is some really great news. I'll surely snatch a Bateman (unless the figure is extremelly bad or something). HT has had a stronghold on the industry for a while now, but with the DAMToys AC and Asmus DmC figs, and now this, things are looking up.

It ain't the years honey
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Does Kai Studio handle the tailoring too?

Tailoring will be key.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    Does Kai Studio handle the tailoring too?
    no he's just a sculptor