UK Statue Pricing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryPool

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I'm looking at maybe getting the Blitzway x Prime1 1/3 Statue, it's quite a high price. If ordered from Prime1 or Sideshow it's about ?1050 before shipping and tax.

If I were to buy from a UK retailer it's ?1650 or there abouts.

Now I'm wondering, if I were to buy it from Sideshow or Blitzway is the shipping and import really going to be ?500 extra to make it the same pricing of the UK retailers?

Has anyone in the UK shipped a similar item from Prime1 or Sideshow and know roughly how much the shipping and import came to?

I think it works out about the same, maybe a bit cheaper but then you don't have the hassle of paying the taxes and worrying about the delivery, but I suppose if you buy direct they can resolve any issues.....but then if you have to return it you have to send it back overseas again...
I was looking at this with the Iron Studios Jurassic Park T-Rex diorama, and after shipping and taxes it was around the same as a U.K. retailer.

Ah, overlooked your post in that thread, hence why I created this. Thanks for your help mate and everyones else's.

From my calculations it's cheaper in this case to order straight form Prime1 themselves than to order from the UK sites, if the shipping stays what it is.

Ah, overlooked your post in that thread, hence why I created this. Thanks for your help mate and everyones else's.

From my calculations it's cheaper in this case to order straight form Prime1 themselves than to order from the UK sites, if the shipping stays what it is.

Depending on the Harmonized Code the sender applies (in this instance I am referring to what Sideshow are currently using) the new VAT and Duty rate for statues is 26%. You also have to add the couriers handling fee which is around ?12

Depending on the Harmonized Code the sender applies (in this instance I am referring to what Sideshow are currently using) the new VAT and Duty rate for statues is 26%. You also have to add the couriers handling fee which is around ?12

That's true, I definitely paid more than 20% last week on the iron studios cap

Back