XM Studios Alien Hive-Warrior Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy Bear

Super Freak
Reaction score
XM Studios News

"The Alien Hive-Warrior by XM Studios Premium Collectibles!

Simon Lee aka SpiderZero, world-renowned sculptor, concept designer and character artist for feature films (Godzilla: King of the Monsters, PACIFIC RIM, and THE STRAIN) is the very same man who worked on our Alien Hive-Warrior?s general posing via clay sculpting!

Amilcar Fong, illustrator, concept artist and sculptor (who worked on the Court of the dead line) then took over and further worked on Alien Hive-Warrior?s 2D and 3D based on Simon?s sculpt. With these two amazing artists, a concoction of talent and elegance bring the stuff of nightmares to life."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

99118368_2602509896637jjrw.jpg

Wow! No idea about XM Studios final product quality, but surely this is super sweet. Simon Lee attached to any project is pure gold. So nice as well to see, that other companies can do stunning ALIEN themed statues and SadShows Xenos suck balls. I hope this one combines with the Prime1 Chap and Warrior in scale.

Simon Lee aka SpiderZero, world-renowned sculptor, concept designer and character artist for feature films (Godzilla: King of the Monsters, PACIFIC RIM, and THE STRAIN) is the very same man who worked on our Alien Hive-Warrior?s general posing via clay sculpting!

Amilcar Fong, illustrator, concept artist and sculptor (who worked on the Court of the dead line) then took over and further worked on Alien Hive-Warrior?s 2D and 3D based on Simon?s sculpt. With these two amazing artists, a concoction of talent and elegance bring the stuff of nightmares to life."

what a piece of uninspired snapkit crap.

4lN4cHi.jpg

This is pretty good work. Simon Lee's art is always beautiful. Great interpretation.

I think the alien itself looks fine, not mind-blowing, but fine. The only thing that bothers me about it are those chode dorsal pipes. They've definitely gone overboard with the base with all those eggs though. And as much as I like the look of a facehugger coming out of an egg, did they really need to have all of them in almost the exact same pose? If they were determined to have a bunch of eggs and facehuggers, why not vary them up? Have some facehuggers with only fingertips visible, some halfway out of the egg, and others crawling down the sides.

All that said, if they give this the same quality finish as the XM Narin Alien, I think this will look quite good.

Looks good from this picture, I need a alien statue, all the others are way too expensive or just bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks interesting. I just can't do the mythos alien stuff. It's the first 3 films and that's it. I felt like nothing after has been faithful enough.

Such a waste of talent.

As of now, I truly have to agree with You on that one.

I simply can?t find any of Spiderzero?s magic on that one and as well Amilcar has done more astonishing work.

One other thing I simply can?t find a way to stomach is, that like this one as well the Alien Warrior - Mythos Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles, share the unaltered Alien warrior tail from the movie.

What the hack is wrong to design an own tail? Like the Dog Alien had and obviously the Resurrection Warrior. Don?t get me wrong, I LOVE the Aliens Warrior tail, but in these cases it looks displaced and not blending in with the other design features. Or is it just me?

It's alien... but its not the alien when I envision alien.

Sorry, but there are and were better Alien themed garage kits. Narin could have pulled that one off much better.

Narin's XM Alien was a major disappointment to my eyes.
I'm hoping this is not the final paint up...

Back