Attaching 3rd party head.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roninjai

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all. I purchased this head and I'm looking to attach it to the 3rd party body, but it doesn't seem to be that simple. Before I go and do what I think will work, wanted to ask if I was missing anything as this is my first custom 1/6 build. (FWIW, the body has a neck cavity with a ball joint in it.)

Here's the head, along with the neck piece that came with the body:
1.jpg

Here is what the inside of the head looks like:
2.jpg

Here's the neck piece inserted into the bottom of the head. That's as far as it will go.
3.jpg

Is there something obvious I'm missing with attaching these kinds of heads to the bodies?

I have the same head & hands set. I thought it looked too tall on the naked body I used as well, but by the time you put the outfit on it might be fine (mine was). Suggest you get the whole figure together before cutting any length off of the neck. You can always do the cutting later if need be.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for his outfit.

Since his "alien costume" is so detailed with all of the linear pattering, I went the easy route and currently have him in a generic set of black pants, shirt/jacket, and black boots. Was going for a basic "Nick Fury" looking outfit... based on the end of Spider Man Far From Home. Not sure if this will be the final outfit for my figure, but it works for now. IF I decide this is the final look, I need to pick up a long overcoat or something else to flesh out the look... maybe a tactical vest or something.

Good luck with yours!
-
Dennis

Thanks for the help, all.

I have the same head & hands set. I thought it looked too tall on the naked body I used as well, but by the time you put the outfit on it might be fine (mine was). Suggest you get the whole figure together before cutting any length off of the neck. You can always do the cutting later if need be.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for his outfit.

Since his "alien costume" is so detailed with all of the linear pattering, I went the easy route and currently have him in a generic set of black pants, shirt/jacket, and black boots. Was going for a basic "Nick Fury" looking outfit... based on the end of Spider Man Far From Home. Not sure if this will be the final outfit for my figure, but it works for now. IF I decide this is the final look, I need to pick up a long overcoat or something else to flesh out the look... maybe a tactical vest or something.

Good luck with yours!
-
Dennis

I'm trying to really do it up right. I found some really nice purple material for the insets and the inside of the coat and I'm waiting for my black faux leather/vinyl to arrive. I have a few ideas on how to do that linear patterning, so I'll be doing some experimenting when it gets here. And I plan on 3D printing the neck piece that wraps around.

i would go with no neck adaptor & stabilize with poster tack until you dress it & see if neck needs to be cut all the best

There are these neck ring things too. I have no idea why Toys Era wouldn't include it, it's annoying lol.

Agreed. Don't say it will fit most HT bodies if I have track down some random piece to make that happen. I tried to find a stateside retailer for those to no avail.

i would go with no neck adaptor & stabilize with poster tack until you dress it & see if neck needs to be cut all the best

Yeah, now having more clarity around the different kinds of plugs that are out there, I don't believe it needs to be cut. I ordered these which should arrive Saturday to see if those will work. Otherwise everything else is like a month's shipping time out of HK.

EDIT: Found a neck ring here on the Bay. So hopefully my bases are covered either way.

Back