Statue Sideshow Darth Maul Mythos statue 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
cool

darth.jpg
dms.jpg

Last edited:
I bet it will have mechanical legs on this one. hopefully not spider legs

meh. already double dipping after a handful of characters. so much potential and SS has to resort to rehashes already. what a shame.

Really want to see this.

I wasn't a big fan of the OG Maul Mythos, so maybe this time around they'll knock it out of the park.

To be fair though, all the other original mythos statues failed to live up to that Obi-Wan and Boba Fett from that line. Sad I missed out on Fett, but at least I nabbed an Obi-Wan. Glad this line is back. If this is as good as the Ventress one they announced, I'll be picking this up.

meh. already double dipping after a handful of characters. so much potential and SS has to resort to rehashes already. what a shame.

It makes sense, similar to how we get so many Batman's, Wolverine's, Harley Quinn's etc.

We knew they were gonna shoehorn Vader, Maul and/or Boba Fett into this.

Thinking the same, might be a mix of Mandalore and Crimson Dawn Maul.

Hopefully, being called Mythos is just a way to give an amalgamation of those two versions you mentioned. A season 5/7 Maul with lightsabers and a switch out Darksaber would be my personal preference though.

Interested to see this but there are so many other characters to explore here. I have almost all of the original Mythos, but have not POed any new because I am undecided on the new lacking the signature base design. IMO SSC could have gotten more past collectors on board if they kept the base design.

Hopefully, being called Mythos is just a way to give an amalgamation of those two versions you mentioned. A season 5/7 Maul with lightsabers and a switch out Darksaber would be my personal preference though.

Man a Darksaber Maul will be hard to say no to lol

I mean this line has blown up since the first one. And the first one was arguably the most underwhelming of the line. So in that sense this one is probably warranted. But there are so many cool characters they could have tackled first, now would have been the perfect time to tease Ashoka for example. They could have done another Maul in a year or two after releasing a few more characters that hadn't been made yet and he may have been more welcome. Revisiting a character in such a small line seems strange, next up Vader presumably....

NCDEI20.jpg

Looks pretty cool, bonus points for the mechinical legs but lost opporutunity to focus on his Mandalore/Crimson Dawn uniform and possible black saber.

The teaser image high I felt this morning has crashed into supreme disappointment....

I too was hoping on focus on Mandalore/Crimson Dawn. Dark Saber Maul would have been DOPE. And it wouldn?t have felt like a retread....

Oh well, at least Ventress Mythos is AMAZING!

The teaser image high I felt this morning has crashed into supreme disappointment....

I too was hoping on focus on Mandalore/Crimson Dawn. Dark Saber Maul would have been DOPE. And it wouldn?t have felt like a retread....

Oh well, at least Ventress Mythos is AMAZING!

Agreed, a bit disappointing for sure.

Clearer pics might do it more justice and it might pair well with the new Ventress.

Unfortunately this was the only new reveal and the 1 hour Sideshow stream was a huge waste of time, as usual.

out of all the characters they could choose, they chose the one that was already the least interesting of the original Mythos statues....

As with the other two Mythos they announced, this one doesn't really do anything for me like the original line did. They're trying to do it as flashy as they can, whereas in the original line sometimes less was more. Sure, they had quite a few switchout parts, but Boba Fett was standing calmly on a rock, Obi-Wan walked through the desert, the Gamorrean resting on his axe.

These new actionposes just dont fit with the others, IMO.

Last edited:
Its much better than the first one but a tad soon for a repeat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back