Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 81 to 90 of 90
  1. #81

    Default Re: Sideshow Darth Maul Mythos statue 2020

    Nice little easter egg, the saber is half Savage's and half Maul's.

    Man if they made Savage in this line, I'd have to pick up Maul.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by darth dennis View Post
    Yeah, those are both really nice. I had the original mythos and sold them off because of the scale difference with my other 1/4 scale statues. I kept the Fett as he's my favorite character and he's off by himself anyway. With the additional Mythos being announced, almost wish I'd have kept at least Vader and Kenobi to go along with these new looks. Interesting to see where the new line goes from here...
    Exact reason I can't justify dropping 600$ for this. If this mythos statue line was 1/4, I'd be on this with the quickness.

  3. #83
    This will be my first dop in the the mythos line. Already paid. The price is more than I would like but I've also never felt so satisfied with a maul statue mostly because they always go for a hyper realistic ray park look and it always looks a little off to me in statue form. I'm happy they did a slightly more clone wars inspired look with the head sculpt. Think it looks great.

    The body, pose and legs look good too. If they can mass produce this on the same level of the proto I'd be okay with the price I paid. The wrinkles in the forehead and the neatness of the lines and tattoos are what I feel like I should be paying for.

    So we will see how it goes. I have no idea what I'm in for.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  4. #84
    Just a little freaky
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Visit Tytyvyllvs's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SOU7567 View Post
    Nice little easter egg, the saber is half Savage's and half Maul's.

    Man if they made Savage in this line, I'd have to pick up Maul.
    Nice catch! I would love to see Savage in this line, not only because he?s a favourite character of mine, but because he?d go so well with Ventress and Maul - could get a proper Dathomirian display going. Not going to hold my breath seeing as he?s been sidelined for years now, but a Savage Mythos statue would be a very pleasant surprise.

  5. #85
    I would love to see a Savage that looks similar to the clone wars design like how the head of this maul screams a little more clone wars.

    Still think his character got forgotten about too soon by the creators.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaSpawn View Post
    I would love to see a Savage that looks similar to the clone wars design like how the head of this maul screams a little more clone wars.

    Still think his character got forgotten about too soon by the creators.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Probably the one downfall of Maul's return in TCW was how Savage's character was completely thrown to the side, his character had a few lines at most in the Mandalore arc before Sideous cut him down.

    They could of done so much more with him, but we got Maul in return and what they did with that character was nothing short of remarkable.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by SOU7567 View Post
    Probably the one downfall of Maul's return in TCW was how Savage's character was completely thrown to the side, his character had a few lines at most in the Mandalore arc before Sideous cut him down.

    They could of done so much more with him, but we got Maul in return and what they did with that character was nothing short of remarkable.
    Agree fully. It's a catch-22. I thought the savage arc and him being this tragic Frankenstein-like creature in star wars really made the stakes go up. He was sort of this triple threat, to both sith and jedi and had alot of unexplored potential with the characters he encountered and his powers.

    But like you said it became the super maul bros show when maul returned. And now seeing maul's importance during the siege of mandalore I ultimately have to say I'm satisfied with what they did with him, Rex and Ashoka. The stars of the show imo.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaSpawn View Post
    Agree fully. It's a catch-22. I thought the savage arc and him being this tragic Frankenstein-like creature in star wars really made the stakes go up. He was sort of this triple threat, to both sith and jedi and had alot of unexplored potential with the characters he encountered and his powers.

    But like you said it became the super maul bros show when maul returned. And now seeing maul's importance during the siege of mandalore I ultimately have to say I'm satisfied with what they did with him, Rex and Ashoka. The stars of the show imo.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Agreed, especially when you get a major Voice Actor to get him, the marketing and merch around Savage in Season 3 was pretty high. What TCW ended up doing was pretty spectacular, for them to hit with so many new and unique characters in the show, standouts being Rex and Ahsoka, but we also had Cad Bane, Savage Oppress, Fives, Echo, Wolffe, Embo, Commando Droids, Ventress (cheating a bit here) Bo-Kotan and Pre Viszla.

    Now I'm imagining Sideshow doing a Dark Side/Sith Mythos line with Dooku, Savage (along with the current dark siders they've gone with) and then I'd be broke.

  9. #89
    Just a little freaky
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Visit Tytyvyllvs's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by GodzillaSpawn View Post
    Agree fully. It's a catch-22. I thought the savage arc and him being this tragic Frankenstein-like creature in star wars really made the stakes go up. He was sort of this triple threat, to both sith and jedi and had alot of unexplored potential with the characters he encountered and his powers.

    But like you said it became the super maul bros show when maul returned. And now seeing maul's importance during the siege of mandalore I ultimately have to say I'm satisfied with what they did with him, Rex and Ashoka. The stars of the show imo.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Totally agree with you both. It felt like Savage was supposed to be a much larger factor in Ventress? overall arc, but the narrative between them never really reached any satisfying conclusion because Maul became the Bigger (arguably overall Better) Bad.

    I feel like Savage?s origin would at least lend itself to a cool Mythos piece if they went there though!

  10. #90
    I'm rewatching all the good or meaningful episodes of clone wars now and his arc really was the first one in the series that felt like a cinematic effort was put into it. It's not the only one. Mortis and Umbara come to mind but of course they all pale now to Siege of Mandalore.

    But I would also love to see a mythos piece. One with hopefully a face closer to the CW style and not the premium format. I really like how chiseled the cartoon made him look and his eyes had such a predatory glow to them, not human looking. Though I got the feeling that the merchandising people don't believe he will be much of a seller with how little material there is of him recently.

    Then again, asaj ventress was a total surprise.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. STATUE: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue
    By fuzzylojiks in forum Star Wars-Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 4065
    Last Post: 12-14-2019, 03:38 PM
  2. Sideshow 1:1 Darth Maul Bust
    By big al in forum Star Wars-Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 11-13-2015, 06:40 AM
  3. Sideshow Darth Maul Experiment
    By pixletwin in forum Star Wars-Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 284
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM
  4. Darth Maul International Edition Statue Giveaway
    By The Godfather in forum Star Wars-Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •