1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedievaL

Super Freak
Reaction score
【Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back[emoji769] - 1/6th scale Darth Vader[emoji769] Collectible Figure
(The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection)】

?Impressive... Most Impressive.? ? Darth Vader

In Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader attempted to convert Luke Skywalker[emoji769] to the dark side by luring the young Skywalker into a trap in the Cloud City of Bespin. In the midst of a fierce lightsaber duel with the Sith Lord, Luke faces the startling revelation that the evil Vader is in fact his father, Anakin Skywalker?

In celebrating Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th anniversary, Hot Toys is excited to introduce a series of throwback collectibles based on this iconic film! Today, Hot Toys is pleased to re-introduce the highly popular 1/6th scale Darth Vader Collectible Figure with a specially designed retro style packaging!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted featuring a skillfully crafted Darth Vader helmet with complex interior mechanical details and the back of Lord Vader?s battle damaged head, highly detailed Darth Vader armor and sophisticatedly tailored body suit, LED light-up chest panel and belt, an LED light-up lightsaber, and a Cloud City theme diorama figure base!

Embrace the 40 year legacy of this cinematic masterpiece and don?t miss out on this stunning Darth Vader collectible figure for your The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection!

#HotToys #Collectibles #SixthScale #Lucasfilm #StarWars #TheEmpireStrikesBack #SWEP5 #DarthVader

IMG_3367.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back[emoji769] - 1/6th scale Darth Vader[emoji769]

You know those TM emojis just make the threads titles look all weird right, lol.

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back[emoji769] - 1/6th scale Darth Vader[emoji769]

I missed this the first time so I'm actually happy about the re-release.

That said, where are the new figures? They call this a "collection" but where is Lando, Hoth Luke, Hoth Han, Bespin Han, C-3PO, Chewbacca with C-3PO, a new DX Bespin Luke... so many more options.

Yeah, as everyone is sweating on if/when KEY ESB figs like Luke Bespin, Han Bespin and Lando might become a PO reality, to me this kind of thing is about as welcome as another porcelain stormtrooper.

Pretty happy with my "regular release" Darth Vader. As cool as this "throwback" box look, it does not look $250 cool.

Yeah, as everyone is sweating on if/when KEY ESB figs like Luke Bespin, Han Bespin and Lando might become a PO reality, to me this kind of thing is about as welcome as another porcelain stormtrooper.

Why do this one? A blatant cash grab. Boba I understand a little but this Vader straight repack is embarrassing. Indeed Bespin Han and Lando were the correct 40th anniversary figures to release and what folks have been begging for.

Star wars full of missed ops of late.

Bespin Han
Bespin Lando
Lobot
Bespin Guards
Chewbacca TESB Version with back pack and...
C3PO.

There's no HT Vader on the market right now.

ESB anniversary is up, Vader is heavily featured in it.

Plenty of people still need a Vader in their collection.

Given all that, it obviously makes zero sense they'd put a Vader out.

**** Hot Toys for making money right? It's almost, just maybe, that releases like this offer them funds to support making the other figures people want since the development is done.

Well at least you guys found. I woke up to an Instagram message that Hot Toys Carnage was released on May 4th !!!!

By the way I think that is the old DX ESB Luke in the picture right ? Going by the sculpt. Probably just recycled old pics from the previous release anyway.

95440225_10157158617167344_8828173739259592704_o.jpg

They could have at least updated the helmet. That is the same helmet sculpt right?

A lot of people who missed out on Vader will appreciate this. Glad they didn't try to put him in 'vintage colors' :lol

Nobody missed out. They chose not to buy it when it was available. And it was available for well over a year and has probably only been gone for a month.

【Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back[emoji769] - 1/6th scale Darth Vader[emoji769] Collectible Figure
(The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection)】

?Impressive... Most Impressive.? ? Darth Vader

In Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader attempted to convert Luke Skywalker[emoji769] to the dark side by luring the young Skywalker into a trap in the Cloud City of Bespin. In the midst of a fierce lightsaber duel with the Sith Lord, Luke faces the startling revelation that the evil Vader is in fact his father, Anakin Skywalker?

In celebrating Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th anniversary, Hot Toys is excited to introduce a series of throwback collectibles based on this iconic film! Today, Hot Toys is pleased to re-introduce the highly popular 1/6th scale Darth Vader Collectible Figure with a specially designed retro style packaging!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted featuring a skillfully crafted Darth Vader helmet with complex interior mechanical details and the back of Lord Vader?s battle damaged head, highly detailed Darth Vader armor and sophisticatedly tailored body suit, LED light-up chest panel and belt, an LED light-up lightsaber, and a Cloud City theme diorama figure base!

Embrace the 40 year legacy of this cinematic masterpiece and don?t miss out on this stunning Darth Vader collectible figure for your The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection!

#HotToys #Collectibles #SixthScale #Lucasfilm #StarWars #TheEmpireStrikesBack #SWEP5 #DarthVader

View attachment 484406

RHnRVl.gif

I figured they'd pull something like this when they know we're chomping at the bit for Han, Lando and Luke.

*******s.

Didn't this Vader just come out recently? I remember these promo pics and everyone saying "hey there's Luke!" then being told to chill and it's the DX07 one. :lol

Hot Toys/Sideshow probably scooped up all the Vaders that didn't sell from their warehouse and threw those suckers into a new box.

Instead of a new hat, you get a new box! :lol

Yeah Vader is ESB but like others mentioned I wish they gave us something new. A Luke Snowspeeder pilot would be great or even Hoth Han to go with Hoth Leia. Still cool though as some missed this one (like me) but I would still wait for the eventual release of ROTJ Vader.

Back