Star wars the sequel character designs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Shrek

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that the ST is done I was thinking which original characters or more specifically which character designs will make its way into SW Pop Culture or seen in Cosplay. As I was running the images in my mind I came to the conclusion that there are not much when compared to the OT and PT. Let?s go ahead and go down a list:

Rey: The character design of Rey in TFA and TROS is a instant classic!!
Kylo: Not great but another instant classic both helmet on or off.
Finn: Don?t remember his outfits. Boring Design
Poe: Don?t remember his outfits. Boring Design
Phasma: instant classic but not a great character
First Order troopers: instant classic for what it is
General Hux: Maybe but a shadow to the OT design
Snoke: Sure but why?
Rose: Why would you?
Holdo: Why Would you?
Jannah: Sure
Maz Kamata: Sure
Zorii Bliss: Hate the design but a visual hit

There is not very many characters from the ST that stand out and from those barely half are visually exciting to even market. On a plus side I think the ST has created some visually exciting background Alien characters unfortunately Disney has failed to market them so they remain hidden.

Curious if they are others you can name.

When I think of ST constants BB-8 and Kylo's helmet are the top picks. Apart from that I quite like the designs for the Abednedo aliens and the Crimson Corsair.

Cosplayers could have had a field day.

kor.jpg

Got so excited seeing this brief trailer shot. TROS would be EPIC. Intense. This was the last shot at things, and all would be made whole.

U b*st*rds.:monkey3:cool:

I think Kylo is the only one who will make it into the elite of iconic designs. All others seem a bit bland.
I mean, I'm sure LFL and Disney will push Rey, but honestly, I don't think the character is interesting enough to elevate the design to iconic status. Phasma is a missed opportunity... great design, but crap character, so I don't think it will get up there in the ranks of iconic designs.

Back