1/6 figure - ideal temperature room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulx

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'd like to store my hot toys in a room/closet.
There is a radiator in the room but in winter the temperature will be about 63?F.
Can temperature damage a figure?

There is a radiator in the room but in winter the temperature will be about 63?F.

Extreme temperatures hot or cold are both bad but what you are talking about seems ok. Most people will tell you high humidity is the worst, especially for pleather soft goods.

Extreme temperatures either very cold or very warm can have a negative impact, particularly if they are changing between temperatures regularly. Generally though, unless your display cabinet is directly next to a radiator, you should be fine.

Humidity is the real issue, as it can cause faux leather to crack and other materials such as rubber to perish. Again if you're going from high humidity to low humidity on a regular basis, this is the worst scenario.

What I did, was purchase a hygrometer for each of my cabs (ThermPro TP50)

It displays the current temp and humidity, and also records the extreme high and low reading for each. Fortunately, I have been within 'comfort' level for weeks now, so decided purchasing a dehumidifier was unnecessary. But it definitely helped put my mind at ease. Hope this helps!

It?s fine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63-65 degrees is ideal if you have the ability to keep the temperature consistent. All of my figures are in a large basement Man-Cave with the windows blacked out, and the temperature barely fluctuates from a rather cool 63 degrees all year round. I have HT figures, and other pleather covered figures, from years ago that I’ve seen others complain about flaking and peeling — and I don’t have any of those problems (knock on wood). Drastic humidity fluctuations and sunlight are death to these things.

Back