G.i.joe arah retro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Scorpio

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Toy News International:

We first told you about these G.I. Joe Retro figure listings that showed up at Walmart last month. While we still have no specific information on what exactly these are, the general thought is that they will be some type of tribute 3 3/4" action figure line sold exclusively at Walmart stores. The $12.93 price lends itself to these being in the 3 3/4" scale, and the word "Retro" brings thoughts of the classic 80's products. Also note two listings are for vehicles. A Retro H.I.S.S. Tank vehicle with a $26.82 price and Awe Striker with a $26.82 price.

While we still don't have any specific information or confirmation for what exactly these figures are, we do have thanks to Jtprime17 the Walmart SKU#'s and direct links to each figure on the Walmart website for you to keep track of. Note the listings use the same type of codenames as we have seen used with the 6" Classified figures as opposed to the actual character names.

GIJ RETRO FIGURE MANTIS SKU# 513900390

GIJ RETRO FIGURE DARKLING SKU# 233031189

GIJ RETRO FIGURE SCORPION SKU# 634866260

GIJ RETRO FIGURES TARANTULA SKU# 606601997

GIJ-RETRO-FIGURE-MAYFLY SKU:

GIJ RETRO VEHICLE COBRA H.I.S.S. SKU# 388022731

GIJ RETRO VEHICLE AWE STRIKER SKU# 926584486

If we match up the codenames used with these Retro figures and the ones used originally with the wave one 6" Classified figures we now know about, we can speculate that Darkling is Destro, Trantula is Snake-Eyes and Mayfly is Roadblock.

Of course none of this is confirmed and we will have to wait and see what is what when Hasbro decides to officially announce them.

Link: https://toynewsi.com/9-36065

Has this been posted yet here? The line looks promising.

Hmmm..interesting...obviously they're going to use existing 3 3/4" inch molds. Are they basically going to release a 3.75 in. "carbon copy" version of the 6 inch figure? Or still these be re-releases of past figures?

A little more clarity from Toy News International:

Back in April we told you how a new line of figures listed as G.I. Joe: Retro from Hasbro had shown up in the Walmart systems. The general thought was that these would be some type of 3 3/4" line which at least here in the US would be a Walmart exclusive line.

Well now thanks to a heads up from JTPrime we have a confirmation that this "Retro" line will in fact be a 3 3/4" line. The confirmation comes from a Hasbro Bill Of Lading showing the products along with a bunch of other Hasbro stuff has arrived in Canada.

You have to sift through a ton of stuff but the thing to note for Joe fans is this:

GIJ RETRO FIGURES AST QUANTITY 4086 THE G. I. JOE RETRO LINE IS AN ASSORTMENT OF FIGURES PRESENTED IN THE CLASSIC 3 3/4 -INCH SCALE FANS 9503. 00. 9059 DIMENSION 15. 9 X 12. 4 X 24. 1 CM GROSS WT. PER CTN 0. 467 KG NET WT. PER CTN 0. 367 KG

Now there still many unknown questions about the line, such as whether these will be classic O-Ring designed figures, more modern 25th Anniversary design or something completely new. With the figures showing up in Canada, you can bet it's only a matter of time before we start to see images of them leak out, if an official announcement from Hasbro isn't soon forthcoming.

Beyond the 5 figure listings that used code words instead of actual character names that originally showed up on the Walmart website, there are two vehicles (Cobra HISS Tank and Joe Awe Striker) slated to be released as well. Stay-tuned for more details on this as they become available.

Link: https://toynewsi.com/1-36518

Walmart exclusives? Please no. After seeing how they mail those things out in bubble mailers for the star wars stuff, I dread the thought of dealing with them

I was a little disappointed with nothing official announced at last Friday's Fan First Friday.

At the very least, they addressed the line in their Q&A section.

Hoping for some kind of official announcement from Walmart about the Retro line during their live stream this Friday!

These are confirmed to be 25th Anniversary repaint rereleases.
From TNI-
GIJoe Retro is a re-issue of the 25th Anniversary. They will be Walmart exclusives going live at 11am ET. Storm Shadow has 14 accessories and digital scan face deco. The packaging is in keeping with the original line just like the 25th Anniversary line. The figures cost $13.99 each and vehicles $24.99.
https://toynewsi.com/9-36747
GIJoe-Retro-13__scaled_600.jpg
GIJoe-Retro-19__scaled_600.jpg
GIJoe-Retro-21__scaled_600.jpg
GIJoe-Retro-03__scaled_600.jpg
GIJoe-Retro-09__scaled_600.jpg

Well I for one watched the live stream and was very disappointed. The only thing "retro" about this line is the packaging. There were more retro looking releases of Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Baroness. I think they went for these versions to reflect how they will look in the upcoming movie. Well money saved.

I love how they used the card art for Snake Eyes '82.

WTF?

Also, for anyone who missed the livestream, they showed the card back for the single figures and it showed Scarlett, Roadblock and Destro. I know that everything was leaked earlier this week but I'm still surprised Hasbro actually showed those 3 figures.

I'm not pre-ordering anything but if I see any of these in the store and they're in great shape, I'll probably pick up 1 of each to keep in the packaging.

That Baroness head looks lightyears better with face printing. It's a shame it couldn't be a rerelease of the SDCC version from that Transformers crossover set, but it's nice nonetheless.

That mismatched head on snake eyes is ridiculous. They could have easily used the one above or the actual correct card art(but then they would actually have to put some effort into doing a timber). Such a lazy effort. Then there's the card art which is a mess of no border, image cut off, and removing real american hero

I'll pile on as well. i was expecting, after all the fervent speculation, some sort of effort, and as mentioned above about the SW and Gb stuff, was hoping for some ARAH o-rings. I'll take those molds 1000 times, 25th anniversary? Mmm, i feel like once was enough.

Or how about all new, card accurate sculpts with the best modern articulation and paint apps?

Back