Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Default G.i.joe arah retro

From Toy News International:

We first told you about these G.I. Joe Retro figure listings that showed up at Walmart last month. While we still have no specific information on what exactly these are, the general thought is that they will be some type of tribute 3 3/4" action figure line sold exclusively at Walmart stores. The $12.93 price lends itself to these being in the 3 3/4" scale, and the word "Retro" brings thoughts of the classic 80's products. Also note two listings are for vehicles. A Retro H.I.S.S. Tank vehicle with a $26.82 price and Awe Striker with a $26.82 price.

While we still don't have any specific information or confirmation for what exactly these figures are, we do have thanks to Jtprime17 the Walmart SKU#'s and direct links to each figure on the Walmart website for you to keep track of. Note the listings use the same type of codenames as we have seen used with the 6" Classified figures as opposed to the actual character names.

GIJ RETRO FIGURE MANTIS SKU# 513900390

GIJ RETRO FIGURE DARKLING SKU# 233031189

GIJ RETRO FIGURE SCORPION SKU# 634866260

GIJ RETRO FIGURES TARANTULA SKU# 606601997

GIJ-RETRO-FIGURE-MAYFLY SKU:

GIJ RETRO VEHICLE COBRA H.I.S.S. SKU# 388022731

GIJ RETRO VEHICLE AWE STRIKER SKU# 926584486

If we match up the codenames used with these Retro figures and the ones used originally with the wave one 6" Classified figures we now know about, we can speculate that Darkling is Destro, Trantula is Snake-Eyes and Mayfly is Roadblock.

Of course none of this is confirmed and we will have to wait and see what is what when Hasbro decides to officially announce them.

Link: https://toynewsi.com/9-36065

Has this been posted yet here? The line looks promising.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Hmmm..interesting...obviously they're going to use existing 3 3/4" inch molds. Are they basically going to release a 3.75 in. "carbon copy" version of the 6 inch figure? Or still these be re-releases of past figures?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Judging by what they are doing with Star Wars I wouldn't be surprised if they are carbon copies of the original 80's RAH figures.

A little more clarity from Toy News International:

Back in April we told you how a new line of figures listed as G.I. Joe: Retro from Hasbro had shown up in the Walmart systems. The general thought was that these would be some type of 3 3/4" line which at least here in the US would be a Walmart exclusive line.

Well now thanks to a heads up from JTPrime we have a confirmation that this "Retro" line will in fact be a 3 3/4" line. The confirmation comes from a Hasbro Bill Of Lading showing the products along with a bunch of other Hasbro stuff has arrived in Canada.

You have to sift through a ton of stuff but the thing to note for Joe fans is this:

GIJ RETRO FIGURES AST QUANTITY 4086 THE G. I. JOE RETRO LINE IS AN ASSORTMENT OF FIGURES PRESENTED IN THE CLASSIC 3 3/4 -INCH SCALE FANS 9503. 00. 9059 DIMENSION 15. 9 X 12. 4 X 24. 1 CM GROSS WT. PER CTN 0. 467 KG NET WT. PER CTN 0. 367 KG

Now there still many unknown questions about the line, such as whether these will be classic O-Ring designed figures, more modern 25th Anniversary design or something completely new. With the figures showing up in Canada, you can bet it's only a matter of time before we start to see images of them leak out, if an official announcement from Hasbro isn't soon forthcoming.

Beyond the 5 figure listings that used code words instead of actual character names that originally showed up on the Walmart website, there are two vehicles (Cobra HISS Tank and Joe Awe Striker) slated to be released as well. Stay-tuned for more details on this as they become available.

Link: https://toynewsi.com/1-36518

Walmart exclusives? Please no. After seeing how they mail those things out in bubble mailers for the star wars stuff, I dread the thought of dealing with them

Super Freak
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    I hope these are available at more than just Walmart. I’m stationed overseas and the Walmart/Target exclusive NECA stuff is killing me. This would be more than I could handle.

I was a little disappointed with nothing official announced at last Friday's Fan First Friday.

At the very least, they addressed the line in their Q&A section.