1/6th scaled Uruk-hai action figure Trend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The process is going to be long and painful, so we might well get started...

It is inevitable to develop and produce a new set of 1/6 body exclusively used for the Uruk-hai,
and it should be something like Hot Toy's Predator, not a whole lot ariticulations, but keeping the shape of the body form will be also important

However, we are not like Hot Toys who is very experience in making figure body,
every body development and production we have been through was a time consuming, learning, and paying prices task. Some were even disastrous.

That is why we have kept our distance from Uruk-hai, because everyone knows, Uruk-hai/Lurt have to be a home run, they will be our last treasure of the LOTR series.

The good news is, we have made a few more figure bodies over the years, and made hundreds of injection molds, involving plastic production. We are now confident to take a shot.

so, it begins.

QQ图片20200410203341.jpg

Awesome. Have you thought about the possibility of contacting Phicen/TBLeague to do a partnership on the body? Sideshow is doing it on a few figures now, Very Cool has done it in the past, as well.

Hell yeah! Gimmie Lurtz now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The process is going to be long and painful, so we might well get started...

It is inevitable to develop and produce a new set of 1/6 body exclusively used for the Uruk-hai,
and it should be something like Hot Toy's Predator, not a whole lot ariticulations, but keeping the shape of the body form will be also important

However, we are not like Hot Toys who is very experience in making figure body,
every body development and production we have been through was a time consuming, learning, and paying prices task. Some were even disastrous.

That is why we have kept our distance from Uruk-hai, because everyone knows, Uruk-hai/Lurt have to be a home run, they will be our last treasure of the LOTR series.

The good news is, we have made a few more figure bodies over the years, and made hundreds of injection molds, involving plastic production. We are now confident to take a shot.

so, it begins.

View attachment 483089

That?s cool!
Just one question, you say Uruk-hai/Lurtz will be our last treasure of the LOTR series.
Do you mean they will be your last LOTR figures?

That?s cool!
Just one question, you say Uruk-hai/Lurtz will be our last treasure of the LOTR series.
Do you mean they will be your last LOTR figures?

No, our line will go on,
what it meant, Uruk-hai will be the last BIG hit for this series.

Awesome. Have you thought about the possibility of contacting Phicen/TBLeague to do a partnership on the body? Sideshow is doing it on a few figures now, Very Cool has done it in the past, as well.

no,
Silicon body is a not as good media, it is GUARANTEE to deterate over time.
Nor can it be painted. which Uruk-hai body has to be.

Can't wait for Lurtz and his Uruk-hai brothers. Sounds like you have a good plan Asmus and I am pleased that you have chosen to go the Hot Toys predator-like body route rather than silicon body - way more durability this way.

So glad to hear this ! I prefer good visual aspect over lots of articulation, no problem for me...
:)

Can?t wait for these!

Hopefully the Uruk Hai are done in a way that I can slowly get a handful of them. I have never done army building in 1/6 but for the Uruk Hai, I will want to so I am hoping for either enough will be made that it will take a year or two for them to sell out or for multiple releases with different face sculpts or something like that.

Have you thought of doing the plastic body with limited joints instead of a body encased in rubber? I would be fine with a few exposed joints if it means the figure is more durable. Maybe at the shoulders and elbows?

GREAT NEWS!

But when you say "take a shot", Asmus -- what does that mean? Are you ready to start developing a new body... ? Which I imagine will take a long time. Or are you ready to start the build on your first Uruk-hai prototype...?

I'm assuming that this is a project that we might expect for next year?

At long last! It’s about time we got some Uruks for the good guys to slay! I’d buy every variation- Lurtz and his light-armoured scout party, Helms deep heavy armour with Sword, Shield, Lance, Crossbow and a couple of helmet options, Berserkers of course because they’re the best and whatever else is possible. Gotta get some Moria Orcs too.

Body wise- I’d definitely like as much articulation with a seamless body as possible which includes waist swivel and ab crunch. The ability to hold a sword handle with both hands in front of their body would be very nice for Berserkers so that would require some shoulder swivel.
Material-wise- the ThreeZero Ninja Turtles look pretty great and the seamless areas are both textured and painted so perhaps look there for inspiration.

So if Uruks are the last ‘big hit’ for the line then I guess you just killed those pipe dreams for a cave troll. Is that also ruling out Sauron, Horses, Wargs, translucent army of the dead etc? I never want this line to end!

If you were actually looking to go in with someone with a base body JAKKS Pacific or Kaustik Plastik may be worth checking into.

I don't know anything regarding Jakks Pacific's quality on 1/6 bodies
(1st time I hear about them to be exact),
but regarding Kaustik Plastic their last body had many problems
(wobbly, floppy, loose knee/ankle joints among others).
You can read about it on the Italian Stallion theread.

Have you thought of doing the plastic body with limited joints instead of a body encased in rubber? I would be fine with a few exposed joints if it means the figure is more durable. Maybe at the shoulders and elbows?

I believe in the text of the first post they mention the Uruk bodies will be like Hot Toys Predator bodes which are plastic, not rubber. They have 90deg elbow and knee joint bends, no ab joint, waist swivel etc. I think that's one of the best ways to go about these bodies.

Or they could do hard plastic bodies like the World Box muscle bodies that have a tad bit more articulation than the predator bodies.

Something similar to the Worldbox 1/6 AT027 which is a taller & bigger body than your average 12" figure.

WB0025-2.jpg

So if Uruks are the last ?big hit? for the line then I guess you just killed those pipe dreams for a cave troll. Is that also ruling out Sauron, Horses, Wargs, translucent army of the dead etc? I never want this line to end!

Yea, I?ll support this line forever. Keep pushing the envelope, and I?ll be there to throw money at you like a dirty stripper.

Back