Anyone put their Detolf displays on stands? Looking for ideas.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I'd like to raise up my ikea detolfs so the last shelf can be seen better. I've seen some use Ikea Besta tv stands for 2 of them. What about for single detolfs? Anyone use anything that works with just 1?

Edit: I found the thread in the sub forum. Guess I was blind when I posted this.

Dang. I wish I had more time to make some of these right now. There’s another member waiting on one also but I haven’t been able to get back to them.

Kalax, turned sideways. Perfect ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had three Detolfs on a Kalax but then switched the this Hemnes-https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/hemnes-wall-bridging-shelf-black-brown-20297217/

Lower profile? But no doors....

I store all the extra parts in those cabinets.

20170925_185936.jpg

I built this out of MDF and 2x4 or 1x3, cant remember. Works really well and lets me use the bottom shelf. I think it is 14in high off the ground.

Posted this in the other thread but thought I?d post here. I also used MDF and a one inch corner bead to hide the seams. It worked out great. Only reason I don?t raise my Derolf?s is that I?ve got some tall stuff on the top that would no longer fit...

31b7371fc1ba03a562bf3403efbe0e8e.jpg

28a8a38c1807bf0686eeffa59f1b857d.jpg

Posted this in the other thread but thought I?d post here. I also used MDF and a one inch corner bead to hide the seams. It worked out great. Only reason I don?t raise my Derolf?s is that I?ve got some tall stuff on the top that would no longer fit...

31b7371fc1ba03a562bf3403efbe0e8e.jpg

28a8a38c1807bf0686eeffa59f1b857d.jpg

How did you make the glass plastic enclosure around Thanos?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I like how that looks. Care to share the dimensions? I think I'm going to attempt to try making one myself. Ends up way cheaper.

Came here looking specifically for a post like this.
So I'm working on my next display and it's going to be a standalone for a while, been looking for options, too.
I decided to try the shorter besta frame, it's a bit wider but not enough to fit 2 detolfs, and tbh I really don't mind the extra space on the sides, gives it more of a podium type of look

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/besta-frame-black-brown-60245962/

It's still in progress, it's going to be blacked out like the ones beside it, decided on a glass door for it because I want whatever I put under there to be lit and visible as well but obviously won't be anything I want to be focused on

IMG_3500.jpegIMG_3499.jpeg

Those blacked out detolfs look really nice, not seen that before. Nice display!

Those blacked out detolfs look really nice, not seen that before. Nice display!

thank you! The new one is going to get the same treatment, I'm just waiting for my LED's to arrive so I can solder them, here's how it looks with the lights

79377619_2416394485341809_293755664430726449_n.jpg

thank you! The new one is going to get the same treatment, I'm just waiting for my LED's to arrive so I can solder them, here's how it looks with the lights

79377619_2416394485341809_293755664430726449_n.jpg

Looks amazing! Congratulations

Back