Batman v Superman live commentary with Zack Snyder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Happening today at 8am PDT/4PM UK time. You have to download the Vero app (it's all free) and have the ultimate edition of the film ready to go. Pretty sweet! Imagine he announced the Snyder Cut at the end!

I did. It was pretty cool, very insightful, with Zack showing storyboards throughout. His signal cut out at the end so I don't know if there was any Snyder cut talk. I love BvS even more now.

He seems like he can?t move on from the fact that he failed and wants to finish the job. His daughter died when JL was being made so maybe he feels he owes it to her to continue where he left off. Maybe it?s his way of coping

Thank you for the link! Would have been cool to watch this live with the commentary. The ultimate edition is def the only one there should have been instead of what was released in theaters. I tried watching the theatrical recently and it just does not compare. I am also glad that there seems to a bunch of evidence pointing to the Snyder Cut releasing on HBO Max. Maybe if that does well enough, they will let The Batman be a one off like Joker and Affleck will come back as Batman, since he actually enjoyed working with Snyder and has made it clear he did not enjoy making JL with Whedon

The movie just wasn't what anyone expected. Marvel doing their thing, BVS just had too much internal strife and symbolic-ness that it just wasn't appealing to the wide audience. I always liked to think of it in the graphic novel territory of movies.

The movie just wasn't what anyone expected. Marvel doing their thing, BVS just had too much internal strife and symbolic-ness that it just wasn't appealing to the wide audience. I always liked to think of it in the graphic novel territory of movies.

Should of been just a superman Batman movie instead of a set up for the JL.

MCU built it and earned it. WB tried the short cut and paid the price. WB let Snyder get too hardcore in certain decisions that wasn't very appealing: SM neck snap, Batman's ruthlessness, Luthor casting and JL was just the icing on the cake.

SM neck snap, Batman's ruthlessness, Luthor casting and JL was just the icing on the cake.

It's true some of his creative choices went against our traditional views of the characters. I personally found them interesting interpretations. And he was setting them up for redemption anyway (well, except Luthor).

MCU built it and earned it. WB tried the short cut and paid the price. WB let Snyder get too hardcore in certain decisions that wasn't very appealing: SM neck snap, Batman's ruthlessness, Luthor casting and JL was just the icing on the cake.

I agree the neck snap in MOS was super out of character regardless if he's learning to be superman or not. It shouldn't of been done. Period.

However, Batman is supposed to be pretty ruthless. He's supposed to be scary. He's supposed to brutally beat up bad guys. How many times has Batman put his rogues in full body casts in both the comics and the cartoons? Almost every time he actually catches them. I, for one, was incredibly happy to finally see a Batman that actually fights like in the comics, games and animated movies, taking on multiple goons at once, who really puts the hurt on criminals like Batman is supposed to. Bale's fighting was weak and slow, but I guess he has the "real world" defense. Keaton hardly physically beat up anyone, mostly just scared criminals.

I wasn't fond of Luthor in the beginning, but after finding out this was an immature, soft origin of Luthor before he becomes the Luthor we all know, I was fine with it. I loved seeing him bald and in a nice business suit on a yacht at the end of JL.

I also agree that DC tried to catch up too fast when they should've put the time and ground work in. But also, a lot of "fans" and general audiences expected these movies to be the bright and comedic movies that the MCU ones are. DC comics aren't that way. As some one who's read DC comics for over 20 years, they've been very teen-adult driven stories and not the kid friendly comics of the Gold and Silver age (maybe even Bronze age). And while it doesn't matter in the grand scope of things since Marvel has all the Disney power behind them and therefore makes more money, DC still out sells Marvel when it comes to actual comic sales last I checked.

I agree the neck snap in MOS was super out of character regardless if he's learning to be superman or not. It shouldn't of been done. Period.

However, Batman is supposed to be pretty ruthless. He's supposed to be scary. He's supposed to brutally beat up bad guys. How many times has Batman put his rogues in full body casts in both the comics and the cartoons? Almost every time he actually catches them. I, for one, was incredibly happy to finally see a Batman that actually fights like in the comics, games and animated movies, taking on multiple goons at once, who really puts the hurt on criminals like Batman is supposed to. Bale's fighting was weak and slow, but I guess he has the "real world" defense. Keaton hardly physically beat up anyone, mostly just scared criminals.

I wasn't fond of Luthor in the beginning, but after finding out this was an immature, soft origin of Luthor before he becomes the Luthor we all know, I was fine with it. I loved seeing him bald and in a nice business suit on a yacht at the end of JL.

I also agree that DC tried to catch up too fast when they should've put the time and ground work in. But also, a lot of "fans" and general audiences expected these movies to be the bright and comedic movies that the MCU ones are. DC comics aren't that way. As some one who's read DC comics for over 20 years, they've been very teen-adult driven stories and not the kid friendly comics of the Gold and Silver age (maybe even Bronze age). And while it doesn't matter in the grand scope of things since Marvel has all the Disney power behind them and therefore makes more money, DC still out sells Marvel when it comes to actual comic sales last I checked.

I like the ruthless Batman that breaks bones, is scary as hell, but I prefer that he incapacitates than obliterates people. I understand that cannot be done in the real world, but I prefer that Batman angle that he doesn't kill. How Batfleck's fighting style was still awesome.

I get the DC fans. I, for the most part, of the last 5/6 years only subscribed to DC comics. Most of the Marvel comic garbage was anime looking and way too much SJW pandering. While I like the more serious stuff, DC comic fans do not represent the movie audience. There has to be a certain amount of give and I won't blame Snyder but WB missed the ball on that. You need a gatekeeper like Feige, but even he has had to contend with executives.

Back