Collecting in a Down Economy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmpsk8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Most of us are feeling the personal impact of COVID-19, and the devastation it's having on the world economy. This video has some tips for collectors during a bad season. I'm sure many long term collectors already know the deal.

This sucks, stay safe (social distance), don't panic sell your grails.
:thud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_4jksXZMU

Thanks for the video.

It's always been a hard way to do "smart" choices when it comes to collecting.

Always tried to do preorder but never been able to save enough money so it end to cancel my pre-orders... :(

Trying to stick to one theme's working more or less, but with the fear of missing a piece always here. If I don't buy it right now maybe I never found this one or this one at this price, etc.

Adding to that this massive worlwide crysis...

Anyway take care of you.

Peace. :)

I thought the pandemic was over now that we have heat and light? Most states are already reopening so everything must be looking good....:)

Don?t know where you live, but it?s not even 50 here in Ohio

I live in Nebraska, when I got off work this morning there was frost so I'm going with it was a baumy 32 farenheit. It was sunny though so the virus is probably on the downside now. Dont try to show numbers that prove otherwise, fake news, what about Obama? I think those are the standard lines anyway.

Don’t know where you live, but it’s not even 50 here in Ohio

Yeah, how bout that March 8th freaking SNOW STORM in NE Ohio?

I live in Japan but I was born and raised in the suburbs of Cleveland.

I do NOT miss the weather.

Huh, I hadn't thought to go in there in recent days. Deleted presumably but I don't know why. It was civil the last time I was in it.

Huh, I hadn't thought to go in there in recent days. Deleted presumably but I don't know why. It was civil the last time I was in it.

It was civil, unless something changed and it's just being moderated... but if the whole thread has been deleted that'd be disappointing.

It was civil, unless something changed and it's just being moderated... but if the whole thread has been deleted that'd be disappointing.

Do you remember who started it? You could always just start a new one. The virus sure isn't going anywhere soon....

Some people think the virus will come back even worse in the winter, in the northern hemisphere. Even it we have a vaccine by then it could of mutated.

Do you remember who started it? You could always just start a new one. The virus sure isn't going anywhere soon....

I started it back in Feb, long enough ago that the thread was an interesting timeline/archive of what was going on. There were some interesting exchanges that were broadly political as well as very personal, and it never got out of control. I have no desire to start a new thread if all that is gone.

I dont know why it was removed either. Maybe its too big for a toy forum? I still find it odd when someone complains about a toy being delayed at this time but I dont see those posts being deleted even though I find them insensitive at the least.

I started it back in Feb, long enough ago that the thread was an interesting timeline/archive of what was going on. There were some interesting exchanges that were broadly political as well as very personal, and it never got out of control. I have no desire to start a new thread if all that is gone.

That's kinda F'ed that a mod deleted it then. For being such a large thread, it surprisingly didn't get over political.

It got somewhat political but there were no flamewars. Almost seems like if you just mention the name of a President eyebrows are immediately raised.

Fair cop, politics is off limits and if it’s tolerated it’s at the mods’ discretion.

But...

Back