Collecting in a Down Economy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmpsk8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Most of us are feeling the personal impact of COVID-19, and the devastation it's having on the world economy. This video has some tips for collectors during a bad season. I'm sure many long term collectors already know the deal.

This sucks, stay safe (social distance), don't panic-sell your grails.
:thud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_4jksXZMU

Last edited:
Most of us are feeling the personal impact of COVID-19, and the devastation it's having on the world economy. This video has some tips for collectors during a bad season. I'm sure many long term collectors already know the deal.

This sucks, stay safe (social distance), don't panic sell your grails.
:thud:

Maybe: don't panic, don't sell your grails... :dunno

Don't eat yellow show.
Don't wrestle with lollipop in your mouth.
Don't run with scissors.
Watch for vehicles when crossing a street.
When temperatures drop - Make sure to dress warm...

Every time there is something going on, all these videos, advisers, etc pop up, stating the obvious.
DOH.

Every time there is something going on, all these videos, advisers, etc pop up, stating the obvious.
DOH.

Watch and see how many collectors start to purge because they're scared of prices continuing to go down. Time will show it. And unfortunately, this goes way beyond statues/figures.

Well no point doing any POs now (esp item a year out) cause you may be dead by the time its ready to ship leaving your family with even more problems to deal with. I am getting ready to cancel all my po’s my wife will already be overwhelmed dealing with my collection as is

I’m still working and luckily have been working full time from home since summer of 2017. So I think as far as working I’m good, but I’m still going to hold off on making a lot of pre-orders. My thoughts are with how long it regularly takes for figures to arrive anyways and the virus that any releases will probably be delayed by quite a while.

Its funny, since I’ve been home more, its got me wanting to downsize my collection even more. Boxed up half of it and now it feels about the right size, small space or not. Put away mostly the Hot Toys and focused more on the Gundams and Warhammer mini’s I’ve done up. Put the Mezcos and other similar sized figures on display and duno, just happier with it now.

Oh brother......

Planning your death and what happens to your collection might be the silliest thing this virus has brought out in people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man! I been so depressed for days now, only thing left to do is pray. :pray:

tumblr_m5egu9ptbf1qgple6o1_500.gif

960x0.jpg

3ae861de89507f034dbc63db28e5edd0--star-trek-quotes-star-wars.jpg

I only ever have a handful of pre-orders at most on a regular basis, anyway. Not planning on cancelling anything or panic selling due to this virus.

I may or may not end up adding less to my collection overall this year if my income is impacted, but fear isn't dictating any decision I make - I'm continuing as though I'm going to be here and making plans for when this is over.

Should be good Ebay deals soon. Over extended collectors looking to cash out to pay rent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virus hasn't really changed much for me, I'm still going to work. Some days I wonder who is actually in lockdown because there are still people everywhere out shopping as it's close to Easter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Virus hasn't really changed much for me, I'm still going to work. Some days I wonder who is actually in lockdown because there are still people everywhere out shopping as it's close to Easter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shops that weren’t previously are now tightening up on customer density, ie went to Bunnings this morning and entrance is now counted against those exiting. I heard the 3 bigger supermarkets are doing or about to do the same. People are still out and about quite a few places but there’s no eating out, no groups mingling or loitering and I’ve noticed there’s no peak hour anymore. Hopefully people are now so dazzled by Easter eggs I’ll finally be able to pick up some bloody toilet paper.

For those who have some ambiguous months and are with Sideshow, take advantage of the option to postpone payments. I will harp on SS to no avail, but I do appreciate it with them. You can push payments up to two times without help from CS. It's great if you have something that releases early so you can "swap" payments for that month with another pre-order installment. But in this instance, you can push off something for two months no penalty; the worst that happens is you have to cancel anyway. The best is that things stabilize and you didn't have to cancel your order.

Man , ebay prices have dropped . I managed to get an Alien warrior for 235.00.

Been hunting for this one at a decent price for a while. Its my gift to myself for being frontline in healthcare this month.

Need something to look forward to ....this was the perfect buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man , ebay prices have dropped . I managed to get an Alien warrior for 235.00.

Been hunting for this one at a decent price for a while. Its my gift to myself for being frontline in healthcare this month.

Need something to look forward to ....this was the perfect buy.

I got a Mondo Kurtz Graduate print for $325. That’s a $500 print normally

Prices on the secondary market were dropping BEFORE the China flu bug.

Not everyone is going to be able to hold out. These are not necessities.

Back